Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

Re: Wondows 7 32 bit Print Issues

its a pc problem ,looks like some virus man , it happened with me lots ,this is an virus
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

NatSass

As you mentioned here it definitely should be your PC issue. So better check your PC again and see weather problem solved.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dickierock View Post
    I have had something similar,printers drivers dropping from network on windows 7 machines.Seemed to happen when for instance the paper ran out or some other issue,then the driver just greyed out(offline) and not come back to ready. There seems to be a bit of advice out there to for these types of issues to "untick" SNMP in the port configuration of the driver.Work for me so far.
    Some network administrators will disable SNMP traffic as a security precaution. It can also cause trouble with drivers with built-in status reporting sending prompts for low toner, jams, etc to all users. I generally always uncheck SNMP on all installs unless it's absolutely needed.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Wondows 7 32 bit Print Issues

I know this thread is getting a bit stale, but I thought I better input my 2 cents worth:

The problem is from corruption in copying the driver from the server and seems to happen from more 2008 Servers than anything else. As the client PC copies the driver from the server, either there is packet loss or packet corruption. To fix this issue, you must remove the print driver correctly:

1. Devices and Printers
    2. Remove the print queue associated to your problem machine
    3. Click on another printer
    4. Click on Print Server Properties
    5. Click on Drivers
    6. Select the driver in question
    8. Remove
    9. Remove Driver and Driver Package

Once you have done that, you can now start fresh as though the printer and driver were never installed. If you find that it happens again, then do the above again and then do the following:

1. Devices and Printers
    2. Add Printer
    3. Local Printer
    4. Use the LPT1 port
    5. Have Disk
    6. Point to the driver you used on the server (ie, driver files saved on USB drive or network share)
    7. Finish
    8. Now add the print queue that is on the server.

The above method gets around the possible cause of driver corruption on installation from the server's print share. As the driver has already been installed on the PC, then there is no need for the PC to request the drivers from the server.

I know alot you say "Not our problem" when it comes to things like this, but I have recently given my techs a stir up about this as it does quite often make you look bad, especially when you get asshole IT people who find out that they fucked up, but decide to blame it on the copier because they won't know any better. Half of my role where I work is purely solving issues like this where IT people blame us, so I go in and make sure that the IT people end up looking like dicks!!!

The easiest thing to do is to relay information to the IT people and make sure that you have a decent crack at resolving the issues yourself. After all, the more time you spend on the issue the first time, the more likely you are to resolve really quickly the next time without IT's help.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    I know this thread is getting a bit stale, but I thought I better input my 2 cents worth:

The problem is from corruption in copying the driver from the server and seems to happen from more 2008 Servers than anything else. As the client PC copies the driver from the server, either there is packet loss or packet corruption. To fix this issue, you must remove the print driver correctly:

1. Devices and Printers
    5. Click on Drivers
    8. Remove

Once you have done that, you can now start fresh as though the printer and driver were never installed. If you find that it happens again, then do the above again and then do the following:

1. Devices and Printers
    2. Add Printer
    3. Local Printer
    4. Use the LPT1 port
    5. Have Disk
    6. Point to the driver you used on the server (ie, driver files saved on USB drive or network share)
    7. Finish

The above method gets around the possible cause of driver corruption on installation from the server's print share. As the driver has already been installed on the PC, then there is no need for the PC to request the drivers from the server.

I know alot you say "Not our problem" when it comes to things like this, but I have recently given my techs a stir up about this as it does quite often make you look bad, especially when you get asshole IT people who find out that they fucked up, but decide to blame it on the copier because they won't know any better. Half of my role where I work is purely solving issues like this where IT people blame us, so I go in and make sure that the IT people end up looking like dicks!!!

The easiest thing to do is to relay information to the IT people and make sure that you have a decent crack at resolving the issues yourself. After all, the more time you spend on the issue the first time, the more likely you are to resolve really quickly the next time without IT's help.

To ask your techs for server installations I hope you give them a server in the demo room, time to practice and pay them extra for IT calls because you must charge the customer extra for server installation. Then you have to take the liability for any server-related issues that customer will complain because "all happened after the tech touched the server".

My approach is to hand over to the customer's IT the driver CD/DVD that comes with the machine and offer to work together if they need help, not to argue or compete with them. If the IT insists that it does not work and it's a deal breaker then I will use my virtual server to demonstrate in the presence of my manager. If there is no IT, I won't touch the server because, as I have said it before, the networks with a server and no IT are most likely screwed up. In this case I will do peer to peer installation and I will show/guide an end user how to install the driver.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by MFPTech View Post
    To ask your techs for server installations I hope you give them a server in the demo room, time to practice and pay them extra for IT calls because you must charge the customer extra for server installation. Then you have to take the liability for any server-related issues that customer will complain because "all happened after the tech touched the server".

My approach is to hand over to the customer's IT the driver CD/DVD that comes with the machine and offer to work together if they need help, not to argue or compete with them. If the IT insists that it does not work and it's a deal breaker then I will use my virtual server to demonstrate in the presence of my manager. If there is no IT, I won't touch the server because, as I have said it before, the networks with a server and no IT are most likely screwed up. In this case I will do peer to peer installation and I will show/guide an end user how to install the driver.

Cheers,
    We don't charge anything for installations with new machines, regardless of the required setup.

My server and network knowledge is fairly good, so I can normally fix issues that techs may have over the phone, but other than that, yes I do train them on the connectivity side of things quite reguarly. Technicians can't afford these days to keep their heads in the buckets of sand when it comes to networking copiers as the industry has shifted towards an IT / Connectivity focus.

Having a virtual machines on a laptop helps alot. I built a VM for my guys running Windows Server 2008 R2 with Exchange 2010 (webmail enabled) exactly for the reason of them furthering their IT based training. I even wrote out some information, which was kind of like some learning material, so that the guys could learn how to use Active Directory, DHCP, DNS as well what to do to enable the different types of scanning. If they break the VM, I just get them to delete the VMDK file and copy the original VMDK back on to their laptops. The more they break the VM, the more they have to set everything back up which forces them to remember and get better.

IT is the way forward with our industry and we all really need to start embracing that, or we are going to be left behind.

We don't charge anything for installations with new machines, regardless of the required setup.

My server and network knowledge is fairly good, so I can normally fix issues that techs may have over the phone, but other than that, yes I do train them on the connectivity side of things quite reguarly. Technicians can't afford these days to keep their heads in the buckets of sand when it comes to networking copiers as the industry has shifted towards an IT / Connectivity focus.

Having a virtual machines on a laptop helps alot. I built a VM for my guys running Windows Server 2008 R2 with Exchange 2010 (webmail enabled) exactly for the reason of them furthering their IT based training. I even wrote out some information, which was kind of like some learning material, so that the guys could learn how to use Active Directory, DHCP, DNS as well what to do to enable the different types of scanning. If they break the VM, I just get them to delete the VMDK file and copy the original VMDK back on to their laptops. The more they break the VM, the more they have to set everything back up which forces them to remember and get better.

IT is the way forward with our industry and we all really need to start embracing that, or we are going to be left behind.
    I think you are trying to ruin the industry! Let the IT guys do what they are good at and let the copier guys do what they are good at! The customers will raise their expectations and next time you are in the office they will ask you to install their servers, do the network cabling and even fixing their floors because they are not leveled for the photocopiers!

Quote Originally Posted by MFPTech View Post
    I think you are trying to ruin the industry! Let the IT guys do what they are good at and let the copier guys do what they are good at! The customers will raise their expectations and next time you are in the office they will ask you to install their servers, do the network cabling and even fixing their floors because they are not leveled for the photocopiers!
    HAHAHAHA... OK

Good thing I do all of that anyway.

HAHAHAHA... OK

Good thing I do all of that anyway.
    Glad you took it in a positive way

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

1. Devices and Printers
    5. Click on Drivers
    8. Remove

1. Devices and Printers
    2. Add Printer
    3. Local Printer
    4. Use the LPT1 port
    5. Have Disk
    7. Finish

I second that sir, the only thing I've added to this procedure is extracting the 32 bit drivers on a 32 bit machine, moving to usb drive, and adding into server that way.. I seen this before when serving up drivers from the 64 bit Windows Server to a 32 bit client, when the 32 bit drivers were extracted then added on the server from the install disc.. As far as that goes, I agree cuz I want my team looking badass cuz the only thing the customer sees is "They couldn't do it" without understanding the situation from our perspective..

But I see both sides though, cuz customers will wear you down quickly..