Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Wondows 7 32 bit Print Issues

Quote Originally Posted by RollingROARANDA View Post
    I second that sir, the only thing I've added to this procedure is extracting the 32 bit drivers on a 32 bit machine, moving to usb drive, and adding into server that way.. I seen this before when serving up drivers from the 64 bit Windows Server to a 32 bit client, when the 32 bit drivers were extracted then added on the server from the install disc.. As far as that goes, I agree cuz I want my team looking badass cuz the only thing the customer sees is "They couldn't do it" without understanding the situation from our perspective..

But I see both sides though, cuz customers will wear you down quickly..
    I am customer oriented, and I would do anything to help a customer, BUT .... for a price. Like the customer, I am running a business to make money, not to lose money and the way I am fair to my customers I expect them to be fair to me.
    Sales people promise the customer anything to get the sale, i.e. single click for 11x17, free networking, technician will pick up their used toner cartridges, etc. and normally when a tech goes extra miles to help a customer it backfires. How far is this going?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Wondows 7 32 bit Print Issues

Quote Originally Posted by MFPTech View Post
    Sales people promise the customer anything to get the sale, i.e. single click for 11x17, free networking, technician will pick up their used toner cartridges, etc. and normally when a tech goes extra miles to help a customer it backfires. How far is this going?
    HAha that reminds me of when I made the sales guy run cat 5, haha, he stopped that quick.. Stand up for yourself bro, and charge more time consuming installs back to your sales guy commission.... bill for your time, and sales team start respecting you..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Wondows 7 32 bit Print Issues

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Some network administrators will disable SNMP traffic as a security precaution. It can also cause trouble with drivers with built-in status reporting sending prompts for low toner, jams, etc to all users. I generally always uncheck SNMP on all installs unless it's absolutely needed.
    I uncheck it from Driver Properties >Port Configuration, always, but I leave it on at the MFP (on the "walk-up" MFP setting)..

This is important if your people use "fleet management"

At the device, it works fine for the end-user, but in the user's driver ?? snmp wreaks havoc!! lol

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ignacio.cortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFPTech View Post
    Third, I will not touch servers. Copier techs do not get paid enough to work on servers, and, normally, customers that have servers and no IT are cheap and have a crappy network.
    As some one else stated, install the Driver Locally, if that works, the issue is in the network settings/configuration (i.e. Firewall, Policys etc etc) Hand it over to the IT Dept (Not sure who the TI are but I guess he meant IT) let them worry about it. It would be a liability if anyone wants you to work on their server and with our luck something happens to the server while you're looking at it...

Stay away from server.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If there's not too many machines, I like to install on each machine locally...that way if the server "breaks", you're not SOL!

We got out of drilling and pulling Cat5 cable through walls due to the fact that I pointed out the management that we were not "bonded and insured" for that kind of thing!...I will terminate a Cat5 but I won't pull it!...It all goes back to the salesman and liability issues....them promising to pull a Cat5....but we're unable to because there's 3 feet of concrete (...or water/gas pipes) between the server room and the machine!

I don't do concrete!

DOH!!!