Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    wserrano

Exclamation Print Management Software

Looking for the best Print Management Software. Tried FM Print Audit and Print Tracker, both are unreliable. Can anyone recommend?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Print Management Software

Re: Print Management Software

Quote Originally Posted by wserrano View Post
    Looking for the best Print Management Software. Tried FM Print Audit and Print Tracker, both are unreliable. Can anyone recommend?
    Hi Wserrano, When you say best, what do you really mean? There are lots of good PMS out there, PCounter is good for a corporate environment. Also, some of the software is licensed per MFD device, other software is licensed per user. So your initial question, although very succinct, simply raises more questions. Some software allows 'follow me' printing, some don't. Some have built in accounting and charge-back systems, some have none of this. Authentication? PIN at device via MFD keypad or a swipe card, biometric vein scanning or proximatey reader. Depending on which software you choose to manage your devices, you may have 1, 2 or all of the above authentications available to you - there's loads more though! I read quite a bit on PMS but am simply a copier engineer (old school - since before analogue days!) someone else on here should be able to recommend something for you, once they have move detail. If you could tell us a bit more about what you want to be able to do with the software, that would be very useful.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Print Management Software

FM Audit or Print Audit?

We use FM Audit and have it doing quite a bit of good work to the point where I am going to start getting SQL dumps of data for meter readings and importing directly into our service software. Only need to then release the batch from the invoice queue and everything is done except for the customers that don't have FM Audit Onsite installed.

Print Audit is also supposed to be quite good, but I don't like their licencing model as you have to pay per device.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Yeah we use Print Audit and it has it's pros and cons i find that it un license's it's self a lot meaning you need to send someone the key to reregister it or go out on site and fix it up.

wserrano

That is one of my biggest problems with FM Print Audit, the constant reissuing of License when it loses connection. The software goes offline way too much and does not restart like a normal service, as per what Print Audit says it should. Right now we are looking for a software that allows us to easily manage multiple customers, and even multiple sites for each customer if we wish. Also view the list of customers and sites we are currently managing, for the sole purpose of collecting Meters for billing, monitoring toner levels for supply, and running reports for sales usage. By best, what I mean is a software we can install on a customer’s server, and or workstation, that will not lose connection every time there is a system reboot and or shutdown. Now don’t get me wrong, Print Audit is a nice an easy tool to use, but it is unreliable.

Print Management Ninja

Hi All,

I am from Print Audit and I am happy to respond to your issues.

First, we now have subscription plans worldwide that eliminate device counting.

Second in answer to the technical issues raised:

ICE installed on a virtual machine or a new machine. Changes to the resulted in a new MAC address change. ICE needs to be re licensed. These are usually the only times that ICE needs to be re licensed.

Change to the network. Most of these do not require re licensing the ICE software.
    change/addition to the proxy server
    change to a firewall or router,
    change to the Group Policy or UAC (User Access Control) so that the user the ICE service run as are no longer valid.

End customer uninstalling the ICE software. This requires a reactivation of the ICE software after reinstalling.

Corruption or improper installation of the ICE software. This may require a release of the license and then a uninstall/reinstall of the ICE software. Corruption is unlikely, but it is quite easy to install the ICE without sufficient rights. We can probably do up better instructions on this.

If you are finding that you are having issues beyond the above then please contact our free technical support. We have thousands of happy customers and we want you to be one of them.

Technician

A+,Network+,Pdi+,Cdia+,MCSE,Konica Minolta Outward Associate

Quote Originally Posted by duroo72 View Post

LOL i love PaperCut MF and have being putting it into education qld for the past few years love this software and they have great documentation and support.

Equitrac, Follow Me (Ringdale), Paper Cut, Print Audit are all good but they all have pros and cons so it will depend on your environment.

nbeqo.com - Printing Solutions

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Print Management Ninja View Post
    Hi All,

I am from Print Audit and I am happy to respond to your issues.

First, we now have subscription plans worldwide that eliminate device counting.
    Well, we need the device counts.... sooooo I guess we'll have to pass.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.