Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: Windows 8 smb scanning

Quote Originally Posted by mams4s View Post
    Good Information dear,but i think we have to wait for firmware release for MPC 2000.there in no other way now.

Thanks

There will be no update for the MP C2000 (AT-C1), see the list posted by Jolynar. So you'll have to figure out another way to scan. FTP or Email are some options.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    There will be no update for the MP C2000 (AT-C1), see the list posted by Jolynar. So you'll have to figure out another way to scan. FTP or Email are some options.
    Dear,
    I tried the FTP setting but i was unable to success,always server connetion fails,i dont know where i am doing mistake.can any one send me the clear steps to configure the FTP setting in machine and Windows 8.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Dear,
    I tried the FTP setting but i was unable to success,always server connetion fails,i dont know where i am doing mistake.can any one send me the clear steps to configure the FTP setting in machine and Windows 8.

Thanks
    Try scan to email, should work just fine.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    Try scan to email, should work just fine.
    Dont have mail server.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Dont have mail server.
    You have an Internet connections so chances are that you also have a mail server.

Ralph S

This also affected scaniing to SMB on MAC 10.8 OS computers, and the same fix applies.

Does anyone remember when Server 2003 came out, all the older Ricoh MFP's would scan mabey a singel page, but more was not often possable. The is ue then was packet fragmentation. The RIcoh did packet fagmentation, but the security profile on teh server was to not to allow fagmented packets. There was a workarround on the server security, but Ricoh came up with System, NIC and Engine firmware to FIX the MFP's that were affected. AF2022/27, AF2238c series, Af2035/45e. All flash card updates.

Even though Ricoh has up to 2 engineers on site with M$ we never get this information until after products are deploying to the field.

Technician

Here is the firmware release for the Ricoh MPC2000. You will need a Ricoh Tech ID of course.
    http://rfg-esource.ricoh-usa.com/ora.../rfg055926.zip

I have tested and this does work. Also many other models have been released. If anyone has a Ricoh model and would like the firmware I will be more than happy to link them on this thread for you.

Technician

I had a lot of issues with scanning with a Lanier LD160C to a Linux server through Samba (SMB). I also had a tough time getting Windows 7 work stations to see the Linux server to get to the shares and log in to access the scanned documents. It appears that Microsoft has done some tweaking to the SMB protocol they use and it has caused issues with other operating systems and devices outside of Microsoft. I ended up having to go into the registry before I had success. These links may not help you directly, but possibly head you in the direction you might need to go: Windows 7 can see Samba Shares but cannot see Samba Domain [Solved] Windows 7 and Samba Issue - windows-7

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Aquintasii View Post
    Here is the firmware release for the Ricoh MPC2000. You will need a Ricoh Tech ID of course.
    http://rfg-esource.ricoh-usa.com/ora.../rfg055926.zip

I have tested and this does work. Also many other models have been released. If anyone has a Ricoh model and would like the firmware I will be more than happy to link them on this thread for you.
    Dear Aquintasii,
    did u tested on windows 8
    I dont have tech id, is it possible for you to send firmware to me by email.
    Email:mams4s@gmail.com

Thanks in Advance

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kahodges View Post
    I had a lot of issues with scanning with a Lanier LD160C to a Linux server through Samba (SMB). I also had a tough time getting Windows 7 work stations to see the Linux server to get to the shares and log in to access the scanned documents. It appears that Microsoft has done some tweaking to the SMB protocol they use and it has caused issues with other operating systems and devices outside of Microsoft. I ended up having to go into the registry before I had success. These links may not help you directly, but possibly head you in the direction you might need to go: Windows 7 can see Samba Shares but cannot see Samba Domain [Solved] Windows 7 and Samba Issue - windows-7
    Microsoft has strengthened their implementation of the CIFS/SMB protocol to help prevent man in the middle and other types of similar attacks. Generally, you can get Windows clients to authenticate to a Samba server through one of three methods:

1. Lowering the security threshold of Windows my allowing it to use NTLMv1
    2. Bulking up the security level of Samba by changing /etc/samba/smb.conf to use NTLMv2
    3. If used in a Windows domain, join the Samba server to AD through Samba, Winbind, Centrify, or some other method. This also allows you a good solid single sign on for your users without having to worry about creating local Unix accounts and the like.

Generally, option 2 is the easiest as it allows for the greatest degree of security overall with the least amount of configuration.

If by some chance you're using a Samba domain, Windows 7 and higher machines will be an issue with Samba 3.x since it's still just simulating an NT style domain as opposed to Active Directory. Samba 4 is supposed to bring this functionality in, but nothing I've seen on it shows how high of an AD it will provide.