Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Lightbulb Re: Windows 8 smb scanning

I need a Firmware update D067-D068-D069-D069 D115 D072System V107 and v907 NCS both are important.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Windows 8 smb scanning

Re: Windows 8 smb scanning

Quote Originally Posted by tecnicoscomaco View Post
    I need a Firmware update D067-D068-D069-D069 D115 D072System V107 and v907 NCS both are important.
    Right down to business aren't you?, and not so much as a please!
    First post? Good luck with that......

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Windows 8 smb scanning

Quote Originally Posted by tecnicoscomaco View Post
    You haven't provided any information in your profile as to who you are, where you are from and what you do for a living. You didn't even go the trouble of starting a new thread.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Windows 8 smb scanning

For all those new individuals who think that you can come here with absolutely no credentials and ask for firmware or manuals, my person that takes care of send those items is Helen Wate. If you want firmware or manuals you can just go to hell and wait.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Windows 8 smb scanning

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    For all those new individuals who think that you can come here with absolutely no credentials and ask for firmware or manuals, my person that takes care of send those items is Helen Wate. If you want firmware or manuals you can just go to hell and wait.
    Wow Slobby, kinda tough love! How about what i always tell them, Not only no, but, HELL NO!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Windows 8 smb scanning

Owl posted this fix in another thread

Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 update rollup: November 2013

allows windows to use an older version of smb i guess, should be worth a try.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Windows 8 smb scanning

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Owl posted this fix in another thread

Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 update rollup: November 2013

allows windows to use an older version of smb i guess, should be worth a try.
    Windows allows older versions of SMB to be used as standard, the biggest issue is the way the server (Windows 8 or 2012) responds to the SMB request. If it sends a response that the machine doesn't understand, the machine will dump the connection.

This is also apparent with other systems such as SAN's running with the FluidFS v3 frontend. Server 2012 will simply dump the connection because the response from the FluidFS isn't signed in a manner that Server 2012 agrees with.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

You need to set up authentication... can be done through web monitor or through the machined control panel. need a user name and password...from the computer you are scanning too. I you need more info on how to do this let me know. If the computer doesnt' have a password set for its user account... you will need to set one.

Also some of the older machine will require a firmware update to allow this function... they haven't made updates for all machines. if it is too old you won't see an update available. in this case you can try work arounds.. I have setup old vista machines or win 7 machines and mapped a network drive to that folder, usually as drive s: or some set up FTP

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by mams4s View Post
    Dear All,
    i have Ricoh MPC 2000,I configured the settings successfully but when i scan am getting tranmission failed message.i checked all the settings firewall off,folder full permission for everyone.no anti virus but still transmission fails,do any one have any Idea,please let me know soon.

Thanks

Technician

Angry Re: Windows 8 smb scanning

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Wow, you think you hold some secret to the missing link, IT"S JUST A FILE that has NO value to you. That the STEALER brain washed you to believe you hold the secret to an ancient civilization is another story.
    You go to hell you rude SLOB, you probably don't even have any access to any ROM update files.

Have a great life.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Windows 8 smb scanning

Quote Originally Posted by abemiami View Post
    Wow, you think you hold some secret to the missing link, IT"S JUST A FILE that has NO value to you. That the STEALER brain washed you to believe you hold the secret to an ancient civilization is another story.
    You go to hell you rude SLOB, you probably don't even have any access to any ROM update files.

Have a great life.
    Why are you yelling at a thread that is almost a year old?