Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Scan to e-mail SSL MPC2550

Quote Originally Posted by Ricohguy View Post
    This will not work. If a Ricoh doesn't support SSL, it also won't support TLS. The newest "02's" *might* support TLS, but definitely support SSL.
    Before you call someone out, you might want to actually try it first. Of course it works, I do it everyday and the new "02s" as you say, do support SSL as well. It's an option right below the SMTP Server address in file transfer. "Authentication using secure connection, SSL." Doesn't get much clearer than that. Also TLS will work on the "01" models also. And SSL is available on some color "01" models.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Scan to e-mail SSL MPC2550

The MPC2550 does support ssl/tsl, be sure you have the latest firmware. I'm reading the firmware history, looks like NIB ver 8.30 and web support ver 1.01 enabled ssl/tsl.

How do I enable SSL?

Follow these steps

1. Open a web browser, and then enter http://(device's-address)/ in the address bar to access your device.

1. Log onto the device.

1. Enter the administrator user name and login password.

1. Click [Configuration].

1. Click [SSL/TLS] under Security settings.

The [SSL/TLS] page appears.

1. Click [Enable] or [Active] for SSL/TLS.

1. Click [OK].

The SSL setting is enabled.

1. Log off from the device.

Note:

• If you set [Permit SSL/TLS Communication] to [Ciphertext Only], enter https://(device's address)/ to access your device.

• This procedure is used for a self-signed certificate or a certificate issued by a certificate authority.

• If a server certificate has not been installed in your device, the SSL/TLS feature is not available.

To install the server certificate in your device, follow these steps:

1. Open a Web Image Monitor.

2. Enter http://(address-of-device)/ in the address bar to access the printer.

3. Log onto the device.

The network administrator can log on.

Enter the login user name and login password.

4. Click [Configuration], and then, under [Security], click [Device Certificate].

The [Device Certificate] page appears.

5. Click [Request].

6. Make the necessary settings.

7. Click [OK].

[Requesting] appears for [Certificate Status] in the Certificates area.

8. Log off from the device.

9. Apply to the certificate authority for the server certificate.

The application procedure depends on the certificate authority. For details, contact the certificate authority.

For the application, click the Web Image Monitor Details icon and use the information that appears in Certificate Details.

Note:

• Using Web Image Monitor, you can create the contents of the server certificate but you cannot send the application.

• Click [Cancel Request] to cancel the request for the server certificate.

About SSL
    SSL is a cryptographic protocol that can be used to establish encrypted communication when using Web Image Monitor, IPP, SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin, or similar applications.
    To protect data from interception, analysis, and tampering, you can install a server certificate in the device, negotiate a secure connection, and encrypt transmitted data.
    How communication works with SSL

1. User's computer requests SSL server certificate and public key from device.

2. Device sends SSL server certificate and public key to user's computer.

3. User's computer encrypts data for transmission, using public key.

4. User's computer transmits encrypted data to device.

5. Device decrypts data, using private key.

Note:

• To establish encrypted communication using SSL, the device must have the printer and scanner functions.

Ralph S

Hello "anothertech", I beleive that this makes the MFP's web page secure so that the http://<ip_address_of_printer> no longer work, and you need to use https:// to get to the machine. I do not beleive that this will provide the SSL/TLS funtion for authentication to the email server if the OPTION is not available on the usertools touch screen for file transfer, SMTP server.

I am on the phone with Ricoh support right now asking about scanning to Excahnge 365 which requires SSL/TLS on port 587 encryption. My current issue is on a MPc3502 which does have this feature, and the PORT shows that it is 587, and a connection test works, but email sending does not.

Ricoh provides solutions, but so far only as an added service to the base machine, thru eCopy, Globalscan, and other external solutions.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Replying to an old post I know, but customer still has an old mpc2550 after their old IT support left their scan to email stopped working. So no problem i’ll create a gmail account but no luck without ssl.
    SMB working ok with fw update so no issue.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph S View Post
    Hello "anothertech", I beleive that this makes the MFP's web page secure so that the http://<ip_address_of_printer> no longer work, and you need to use https:// to get to the machine. I do not beleive that this will provide the SSL/TLS funtion for authentication to the email server if the OPTION is not available on the usertools touch screen for file transfer, SMTP server.

I am on the phone with Ricoh support right now asking about scanning to Excahnge 365 which requires SSL/TLS on port 587 encryption. My current issue is on a MPc3502 which does have this feature, and the PORT shows that it is 587, and a connection test works, but email sending does not
    Tutuapp 9apps Showbox .

Ricoh provides solutions, but so far only as an added service to the base machine, thru eCopy, Globalscan, and other external solutions
    the same thing happend with me but with other problems and difficulties
    Last edited by klimbo123; 01-22-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph S View Post
    9Apps APK Cartoon HD | Download Cartoon HD APK APP for Android Free! [2019] VidMate APK
    I am on the phone with Ricoh support right now asking about scanning to Excahnge 365 which requires SSL/TLS on port 587 encryption. My current issue is on a MPc3502 which does have this feature, and the PORT shows that it is 587, and a connection test works, but email sending does not.

Ricoh provides solutions, but so far only as an added service to the base machine, thru eCopy, Globalscan, and other external solutions.
    Damm the exact same problem is with me but I am unable to find a solution for this !!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thread is 6 years old, dead and buried as should be that MPC 2550, too old Also Queensland is in Australia not India.

Cool Re: Scan to e-mail SSL MPC2550

QUIT TRYING TO MAKE GMAIL WORK.

USE SMTP2GO.

I spend a latter part of the day trying to get certificates and proper settings for my Ricoh MP C2500

Setup - SMTP2GO

Made an account and it worked the first time!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I have had security problems with smtp2go. I have never had trouble setting up scan to gmail. Just follow the Google Support instructions. Send email from a printer, scanner, or app - G Suite Admin Help

If you need to install a certificate follow these instructions from Ricoh.How do I setup SMTP over SSL on a Ricoh Family group device.pdf

Current [Google Internet Authority] in Firefox is found under GlobalSign