Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Printing Defaults not Replicating to Clients

I added it through Print Management (see screenshot). I don't think there's any method to choose Run as Administrator.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Printing Defaults not Replicating to Clients

Quote Originally Posted by symtech View Post
    I added it through Print Management (see screenshot). I don't think there's any method to choose Run as Administrator.
    If you can not right click on the printer driver and get a run as administrator then the username and password you used to install it does not have admin privileges, I do not believe you have a driver problem but a permissions problem. Does this customer have an IT dept? They should be able to get this corrected if they are good. If they do not have an IT dept then someone should have the admin username and password to set this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Does this customer have an IT dept? They should be able to get this corrected if they are good. If they do not have an IT dept then someone should have the admin username and password to set this up.
    I am the IT Dept. I've been installing printer drivers on servers/clients for 15 years and I've installed three network printers on our current environment without any issues the same way every time... including the printer that we're experiencing issues with. I've always logged in as Admin before installing (I did right-click and Run as Administrator by the way just now and that didn't work). It wasn't until I upgraded the driver that this bug presented itself. I say bug because it seems to be somewhat of a common issue online in regards to BizHub printer drivers.

Thank you for your help though.

Not really sure this is a solution, but after installing the functional (albeit non-preferred) PCL driver (instead of PS) the settings seem to be replicating now. I also had to change the printer name and share name. Also it seems settings will replicate only once. If changes are made on the server again the client doesn't download the settings unless the machine is restarted. Weird. It's functioning within tolerance levels at this point.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Printing Defaults not Replicating to Clients

Hi,

For those user's who're running Windows 10 AE (Anniversary Edition) the default print driver settings are not replicated from the server. Here are a couple of support links:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/kb/3201130

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...winserverprint

The easiest approach appears to be to have someone with admin rights apply the default settings on a Windows 10 AE PC and then this way the default settings will be applied to all Windows 10 AE PC's.

Thumbs up Re: Printing Defaults not Replicating to Clients

Thanks ApeosMan!

I knew I wasn't crazy. There's nothing really complicated about installing and sharing printers... unless there's a bug in the software, such as appears to be the case here. I'm sure this post will really help others who are going crazy too.