Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: google docs

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    google docs

google docs

Anyone have experiance with setting up scan to emial via google docs not using SSL ?????????????????
    I have a school sys that made the switch, consulted with Their IT said it would work fine.. Their IT told me no other districts have it working.... Then I find that their IT finally used an IIs relay to make it work...... I can make scan to gmail work, But gdocs redirects email to a domain...
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Some devices require an extra license that can be purchased for a connector that can scan to services such as SharePoint, Google docs, dropbox etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    google docs

Re: google docs

Try aspmx.l.google.com (no auth) as the SMTP (port 25) but the customer needs to be using google apps for business and can only send to e-mails associated with their google apps for business account.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    google docs

me thinks your customer is a bit ahead of his time. how about scanning to pc or email then uploading to google docs.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    google docs

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    me thinks your customer is a bit ahead of his time. how about scanning to pc or email then uploading to google docs.

Some MFP companies have software connectors that link for example Google Drive directly to the MFP UI so users can login and scan or print directly from Google Print, DropBox etc.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    google docs

Thanks All ! Turned out that the school sys uses an ESU (educational service unit) for IT support and they made the call to change. After a long phone call to resolve network set up issues it is working. Damn IT guy's that don't know what their doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    google docs

Just for future references, ApeosMan was partially correct on the non-ssl google smtp server aspmx.l.google.com. I have a school using Google Docs and Google aps. You can scan to anyone in your google apps domain and to anyone with a gmail account. Users at my school scans to themselves and then forwards to where they want after adding any additional information. Can also be used for FAX forwarding to email.

Google support has a bulletin on what to do if your scan documents are going to spam or junk mail folder.