Thirsty

Ricoh ELP / Java

Hi All !

Has anyone had problems installing ELP NX2 to the new MP C3003 range?
    Aaaand.... has anyone managed to update the java element on flash memory yet??

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Regards

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Re: Ricoh ELP / Java

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty View Post
    Hi All !

Regards
    I've had all sorts of problems installing V2 onto an MPc4502 as the wizard installed version 2.2.2 automatically and it screwed the machine. A new controller board, NVRAM and Java card arrived in today, apparently.

I haven't done it on a "3" model yet and, on the basis of how this one went, I don't want to either!

steven@mostech.co.za

Re: Ricoh ELP / Java

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty View Post
    Hi All !

Regards
    Go to my-Ricoh.com download the Java Update Tool, the older upd tool had a bat file which you double click to install the latest Java to a specific drive letter...The newer versions however work with different methodology. You download the Java_Upd extract it and then once extracted you are left with a SDK folder, copy this SDK folder to an SD Card, power the machine down, enter the SD card, power the machine back on.

The machine will start up and won't go into "Updating firmware" screen, however on the bottom left corner of the LCD you will see updating SDK/J Java and after a few minutes the message will display SDK/J UPDATE SUCCESS, you can now power the device down, remove the SD card and power the device back on again. The Flash Memory will now have the latest version of Java installed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven