Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Bizhub 350 scan to email fails Error EA3226

This machine was setup with scan to email back in April using the customers smtp settings. Yesterday it just all of a sudden stopped working.

Upon arrival smtp address is an IP address (not hostname) set to port 25. Auth is not available on the copier at this time. It gives an error of EA3226. Knowledgebase comes up with a hit that is totally unrelated to some fax issue. Manuals and knowledgebase was never any good with these error codes on this model from my experience.

While on the customers network I did a telnet command to the server on port 25 and it shows it as a bluehost.com server that the customer subscribes to. Customer confirmed they use bluehost. I checked bluehost mail settings and see it requires authentification and port 26 for non ssl on outgoing port. I did the softswitch to turn on auth and set according to bluehost settings. I had my contact put his email and password in for the authentification. I even tried any other combination of common mail ports but did not work.

I upgraded firmware to the lastest. Although I have now looked thru the changelog of every firmware and special firmware related to this model and their is nothing related to smtp.

I then even tried a total clear. Auto obtained ip. Gateway address is good. Still no good.

Also I can ping the mail server from the copier just fine.

Something else work noting: They have a newer bizhub just down the road in a different building. According to my contact this copier uses the same settings and both buildings use the same ISP. I have yet to confirm this. I'm not sure what model it is but I have seen it from a distance before and it is a black and white colored body bizhub.

Re: Bizhub 350 scan to email fails Error EA3226

EA3226 is a recipient error. The Mailbox was not available.
    Can you send a mail via telnet?

Quote Originally Posted by dallas View Post
    EA3226 is a recipient error. The Mailbox was not available.
    Can you send a mail via telnet?
    I would like to know how to do that.

Also I sent a support ticket to bluehost and they responded saying that if the copier was setup without authentication then it worked via a security flaw that would be fix already. They said port 26 is best to use with no SSL. Also with numerous failed attempts there may be a block now and I may have to call them up to remove it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Try setting it up with a Gmail account

Smtp.gmail.com

SMTP over SSL

port 465 or 587

make sure you program the admin address

Bizhub 350 doesn't support SSL. If it did I would have used gmail and not have gone through the trouble. I could have used stunnel to make gmail work but customer didn't have a server or a PC running at all times on the network. It was a shack in the woods with some camp kids that had only laptops. With this particular copier I ended up using inbox.com as they don't require SSL.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    Bizhub 350 doesn't support SSL. If it did I would have used gmail and not have gone through the trouble. I could have used stunnel to make gmail work but customer didn't have a server or a PC running at all times on the network. It was a shack in the woods with some camp kids that had only laptops. With this particular copier I ended up using inbox.com as they don't require SSL.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    If the customer has a Gmail or Google APS account, you can use Google's non SSL SMTP server, aspmx.l.google.com. Only two draw backs:
    1. The customer's ISP may be blocking port 25 SMTP
    2. You can only send to another gmail account or another user within their google aps domain.

I have a number customers with older machines that are setup this way. They scan to themselves, and then they forward to who ever they want, adding any additional information or attachments that they want.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If the customer has a Gmail or Google APS account, you can use Google's non SSL SMTP server, aspmx.l.google.com. Only two draw backs:
    1. The customer's ISP may be blocking port 25 SMTP
    2. You can only send to another gmail account or another user within their google aps domain.

I have a number customers with older machines that are setup this way. They scan to themselves, and then they forward to who ever they want, adding any additional information or attachments that they want.
    I did not know they had a non SSL server, that's cool.

The BH350 is a pain to set up for scan to email. Most isps now require SSL for authentication of some kind for email. Many now I've seen piggyback off the gmail servers.

firmware updates dont add in SSL? !?!?!?!?!? WTF is wrong with copier Mfgrs. Canons 1730 originally did not support SSL, In later firmwares they added in SSL support.
    i am amazed at some of the things i find between the brands.

From my reading i have seen a non SSL server before for google. not sure if its still around i think they tried to get away from that

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supertype View Post
    firmware updates dont add in SSL? !?!?!?!?!? WTF is wrong with copier Mfgrs. Canons 1730 originally did not support SSL, In later firmwares they added in SSL support.
    i am amazed at some of the things i find between the brands.

From my reading i have seen a non SSL server before for google. not sure if its still around i think they tried to get away from that
    Firmware updates can add SMTP over SSL only if the processor on the control board can handle it. Most older machines cannot.

I have heard that thwe non-SSL google serv er was no longer, but I still have accounts that use it all the time. The big problem is ISPs who block port 25. Usually are DSL provider who are also the dial tone provider.