Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician 500+ Posts

RPT network printer port error

Error and Drivers.pdfTest page.pdfThe copier is a DP-8060. Customer called for display saying "scan disk do not turn off". Turned out to be the hard drive. Replaced the hard drive. All seemed ok.

Here is my problem:

First of all, I can connect my laptop up to the copier and print all day long. Customer can print a test page. When they try to print something is where it fails and you get the error (see attached). Once they try to print, say a word document, the customer cannot print even a test page. All the customers applications like "Word" is not on the local PC, its I believe on a server somewhere. I think in another state. They have had printing issues before with applications and turning the PC off/on normally fixes it.

Spoke with there IT department (in another state) and they say it is not there problem. It has to be the printer. I always thought if I can print from a laptop directly to the printer via a Ethernet cable, the printer is fine.

I have attached the pictures of the error, diver ports screen shot, and test pages. Note the differences in the ports. I saw one like this before that was causing this error on a XP workstation (peer to peer), so I deleted the driver and loaded the driver and that fixed it. The problem I'm having now is on a Domain. Oh, and I do not have access to change anything, per IT.

I'm at a loss on this one.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: RPT network printer port error

Some things that I see:
    1. There is a difference in the OS, 64 versus 32.
    2. There is a difference in the driver version. Posibly due OS difference.
    3. There is a difference in the config file name. Again posibly due to OS difference
    4. Major problem is the difference in port type. Contact their IT people and find out why they are using the Panasonic RPT Network Print Driver instead of Standard TCPIP. See if they will install a second copy of the printer using Standard TCPIP on one machine, or at least let you do so. If this corrrects the problem, then they need to uninstall the RPT Network Print software.

Technician 500+ Posts

Thanks slimslob. I agree with your recommendation #4. The problem is that the IT dept. will not allow it. I will be seeing the director of the local branch today and bring her up to speed and recommend that the driver be deleted and reloaded using TCP/IP, just like all our customers use. Spoke with someone from our company that said the driver was not set up that way a few weeks ago. Go figure. Thanks again for your help.

Technician 500+ Posts

The problem turned out to be they had 2 devices on the network with the same IP address. All is well now.

Ask their IT why they haven't allocated an IP in the DHCP range to the device, then bill them for wasting your time.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

The problem turned out to be they had 2 devices on the network with the same IP address. All is well now.
    What a bunch of ragged idiots. I know many very good IT-People but there are also some arrogant &#ß%! Most of the time in very large companies and/or government offices. They have this "God-like" attitude not even physicians dare to have nowadays

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "