Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C552e paper cut instal setup Questions

Lightbulb C552e paper cut instal setup Questions

Hello My friends

I have rather odd questions:

I have c552e that is sitting on static IP with simple domain and trying to hook it up to Paper Cut. I am not familiar with this software and was only following the procedure available for c550 from PaperCut Embedded software manual

My questions:

1,Does the client has to have PaperCut MF to be installed on their server or is the PaperCut NG version good enough?

2, Do I have to load anything on to the machine or does PaperCut talks to the machine via OpenAPI and it just flashes it from the network?

3, Is there anything I should be aware of a.e special firmware just for PaperCut or so.

4, I have active directory set up and it work. Do I have to setup the LDAP also in order for the PaperCut to work?

Many Thanks
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar

Re: C552e paper cut instal setup Questions

I have a PDF about this. It doesn't cover everything but should answer most of your questions. Probably not a good idea to post it here. I PMd a link to you. It's only temporary so let me know when you get it.
    Jamex Tech Support: Saving the world one phone call at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    1,Does the client has to have PaperCut MF to be installed on their server or is the PaperCut NG version good enough?
    PaperCut NG can only monitor prints going through a printer driver, MF is used for monitoring copying and prints (and has some extra nice little features). If you only want to monitor printing, then NG is good enough for most.

2, Do I have to load anything on to the machine or does PaperCut talks to the machine via OpenAPI and it just flashes it from the network?
    For MF the software is usually loaded onto the machine directly. PaperCut have many PDFs on how to install on different devices.

4, I have active directory set up and it work. Do I have to setup the LDAP also in order for the PaperCut to work?
    PaperCut takes its login credentials from LDAP (as well as other types of database), the machine itself will not need to know these details (if using MF).

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C552e paper cut instal setup Questions

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    PaperCut NG can only monitor prints going through a printer driver, MF is used for monitoring copying and prints (and has some extra nice little features). If you only want to monitor printing, then NG is good enough for most.

For MF the software is usually loaded onto the machine directly. PaperCut have many PDFs on how to install on different devices.

PaperCut takes its login credentials from LDAP (as well as other types of database), the machine itself will not need to know these details (if using MF).

Sweet!

Thanks Ruben, appreciate your replies!
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE