Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Autodiscover MFPs on Network does not find machine

I'm setting up AutoStore Express 6 for scanning with a Konica Minolta bizhub C552.

Using the "Discover MFPs on the Network" feature does not discover the machine BUT the two other bizhubs on the network are discovered. If I try to install the C552 manually it just says unable to connect to the IP.

This bizhub C552 works perfectly on the network for printing and scanning and has latest firmware installed. I have tried to compare protocol setups against the two bizhubs that are discovered and have eliminated network switch and cable issues ( by swapping them onto the other machines and back). I have telnetted into the required ports- all is OK and other Autodiscover applications (Print Audit FM and others) find the C552 with no problem.

I would appreciate any advice

Cheers
    Pat

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Autodiscover MFPs on Network does not find machine

Some apps require the web browser LK kit to be installed, others require certain SSL to be on and SSL settings for Open API and TCP Socket settings to be on. Have you looked at the settings on the MFPs that can be discovered to see what is different? Could also be a certain firmware version for the MFp to be used. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Autodiscover MFPs on Network does not find machine

Have you tried opening a command prompt and pinging the bizhub's IP address? If you cannot ping it then there is a connection problem with the bizhub. Also make sure that the IP address is on the same subnet.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

ANSWER posted in case it helps anyone;

Turned SSDP on in Network tab of PageScope web connection. Machine was then immediately visible in AutoDiscover.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

That protocol is on by default...I would wonder who and why it was turned off. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Glad it was resolved.

On the topic of AutoStore... especially for noobs, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to set the Autostore service to start automatically (using Windows Control Panel).

For some reason, it does not install that way, and if the service should stop for some reason (such as a power loss), Autostore will need to be manually restarted.

It is also safe to configure the service to retry should it fail. (I got this straight from NSi tech support.)

I had a customer with a room full of servers, including the one running Autostore. After the power went out on a Sunday night, the Autostore server did not restart, as it was the only one not on a UPS. Monday morning was lotsa fun.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Glad it was resolved.

On the topic of AutoStore... especially for noobs, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to set the Autostore service to start automatically (using Windows Control Panel).

For some reason, it does not install that way, and if the service should stop for some reason (such as a power loss), Autostore will need to be manually restarted.

It is also safe to configure the service to retry should it fail. (I got this straight from NSi tech support.)

I had a customer with a room full of servers, including the one running Autostore. After the power went out on a Sunday night, the Autostore server did not restart, as it was the only one not on a UPS. Monday morning was lotsa fun.
    Sorry, I left a line out of the above.

The IT director was smart enough to restart the server on Monday morning, but he didn't know about the service. (Now it makes more sense...).
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins