Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Scan to e-mail via Windows Live Hotmail

"GW" stands for "Grand Works".

How's that for trivia?
    Last edited by KenB; 11-04-2014 at 03:12 AM.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    "GW" stands for "Grand Works"

How's that for trivia?
    Probably it is, honestly I only saw once a time somewhere, after that explanation never appear, i.e. Like "MUSIC" Mirror Unit For Skew and Interval Correction), Never repeated Twice. Also like memory clear (sp5801), sub section's abbreviation, I wrote on my note, lazy to remember, one day the note was left on site, On next site, it made me embarrassing...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

What's really stupid about this whole deal, is that Ricoh has not enabled self signed SSL security certificates on their machines. This is really quite lazy on their part.

How would they implement it?

Using the MAC ID of each NIC Card and the Serial Number of the machine itself.

Based on these two unique items, the machine should be able to create a UNIQUE
    certificate, since the MAC ID never changes and the machine serial never changes!

Both of these items are on file with Ricoh.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan to e-mail via Windows Live Hotmail

Quote Originally Posted by peterxu256 View Post
    Probably you don't catch the point. I mean the failure message from installing Device Certificate. I tested many times by using different web browsers, IE,Firefox,Chorme, they came the same error message, However I created the Device Certificate easily for a little bit newer model like MP3500 or MP4000, 5000. But it really doesn't work for the Model MP2500. I'm wondering aloud the model has the function from webMinitor to create self-signed device cerificate, why it doesn't work, Is it a kind of bug? or I omit something ??! Furthermore I also can import the third party certificate(like Equalfax Authority) to Site certificate I get a little puzzle from Ricoh MP2500.

In general, Ricoh Network Configuration description is much ambiguous, unclear, or non professional narration, like Wireless and IPfax setting. Without Cisco CCNA background, no one can figure out setting properly. Fortunately I have had the background knowledge- Networking Infrastructure.
    If you want to know how to import a device certificate into a Ricoh device, then create a new thread and don't go off topic on this one. This thread is about setting up scan to e-mail via Windows Live Hotmail.

I'd appreciate if a moderator could delete the off topic posts. Thank you.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ApeosMan View Post
    If you want to know how to import a device certificate into a Ricoh device, then create a new thread and don't go off topic on this one. This thread is about setting up scan to e-mail via Windows Live Hotmail.

I'd appreciate if a moderator could delete the off topic posts. Thank you.
    The device certificate is highly associated with the topic, SSL , windows live hotmail's STMP sever must use.

Why do you so aggressive? do you know the Charter of Free of Speech? I don't mind if you are police of the website, but I am proud of saying PUBLICLY , My IT knowledge is much better than yours. I got the Cisco CCNA certificate 13 years ago although I am involved in the copy business for just 3 years. Please, please kindly respect each other virtually.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The device certificate is highly associated with the topic, SSL , windows live hotmail's STMP sever must use.

Why do you so aggressive? do you know the Charter of Free of Speech? I don't mind if you are police of the website, but I am proud of saying PUBLICLY , My IT knowledge is much better than yours. I got the Cisco CCNA certificate 13 years ago although I am involved in the copy business for just 3 years. Please, please kindly respect each other virtually.
    Let me state this one more time and after that, you will go on my ignore list. THE DEVICE CERTIFICATE IS NOT USED FOR EMAIL. IT IS USED FOR OTHER TYPES OF SECURE CONNECTIONS, SUCH AS @REMOTE, THAT REQUIRE EACH DEVICE TO HAVE ITS OWN CERTIFICATE IN ORDER TO IDENTIFY THE DEVICE AND INCLUDE INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO CONFIGURE THE CERTIFICATE IN THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Let me state this one more time and after that, you will go on my ignore list. THE DEVICE CERTIFICATE IS NOT USED FOR EMAIL. IT IS USED FOR OTHER TYPES OF SECURE CONNECTIONS, SUCH AS @REMOTE, THAT REQUIRE EACH DEVICE TO HAVE ITS OWN CERTIFICATE IN ORDER TO IDENTIFY THE DEVICE AND INCLUDE INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO CONFIGURE THE CERTIFICATE IN THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.
    Me too, let me tell you that OSI 7 layers model is IT networking infrastructure Law, rather than just a protocol, means every maker must obey the rule, you should know the fundamental concept of Session Layer before you talk about the difference between the certificate and @remote.

Shortly, TLS/SSL is initialized at Session Layer and encrypt the data, the session layer has a handshake using an asymmetric cipher and a shared key, which is called Certificate, (
    Permit SSL/TLS Communication Ciphertext Priority Ciphertext/Clear Text Ciphertext Only To select [Ciphertext Only], a device certificate is necessary.

@remote is genital name , like "iPhone, iMac", the certificate is standard network term.
    Last edited by peterxu256; 11-10-2014 at 02:45 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The Windows live mail server will send the certificate during the handshake, how many more times must we get this through to you. I've never ever needed to upload a certificate into an MFP to use for SSL/TLS communication for scan to e-mail with any mail server. HTTPS on the other hand yes.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

@remote is genital name , like "iPhone, iMac", the certificate is standard network term.
    Your 13 year old cisco cert is worth just about what my 10 year old net+ cert is, not much, plus you need to take a spelling class! So please take your "I'm so smart, I know my OSI topology" crap to another site. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

He is starting to sound like another aab1. I have decided to add him to my ignore list.