Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Owner/Tech/Sales/Crazy 50+ Posts
    SMB vs FTP scanning

Re: SMB vs FTP scanning

Dear Hans,

Many tks !!!!... excellent !!!!!... IŽll try to play with my router as soon as I get back to the office.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    SMB vs FTP scanning

Allah maak my dear.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SMB vs FTP scanning

Quote Originally Posted by babar123 View Post
    Hi

I need some help, Recently I installed ricoh mp5000 machine in my customer place they have windows 8.1, Scan to folder not working with this operating system , Have anybody idea how to configure smb with windows8.1....

I don't have any idea how to used FTP, Yesterday I was installed filezilla server and easy ftp server and also installed smart ftp client but am not able to configure with ftp, I need some help for this thing how am make user in filezilla or easy ftp server like in the path which path am write as network path or write local path, I make a folder in my Eriver and am also share this folder in my network, Which path name am write ? ..... I need fully support for configure ftp .. if anybody knows please do help mine. Here is my email address .

babar@katunimage.ae

Thanks & Regards
    Syed Babar Ali.
    Update the MP 5000 to the latest firmware.

leland

I have used both SMB and FTP. It really depends on the network setup and whether they are using a server or not. Without a server SMB can be hit and miss even with the proper account credentials. Also not all brands play nice with one or the other. Like on Windows Small Business Server (Windows SBS) with a domain SMB works great because the authentication works right without hassles. The same setup with just a Windows desktop computer not so much. In that case I use FileZilla server as many have mentioned. Also with SBS you can setup an FTP site with IIS easily and that will also work nice with most copiers. It really just comes down to knowing your network and your hardware. More often than not I can find limitations in the hardware that makes me use a backup plan rather than what I would want. It is always good to have options...

Leland