Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Permissions issue

Re: Permissions issue

Check to make sure that the network is set to "Home" or "Work". If it is set to "Public", then the file sharing services are shut down right down.

While I understand that another computer is currently connected and able to use a share from your problem computer, I reckon that the network site on the computer has changed.

If you go in to the Network and Sharing Center, you will find most of the sharing settings on the left and you will also be able to verify the connected network type.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Be shure, that the scan-folder is not on desktop or own files.
    Create a scanfolder on root, f.ex. "c:\scan"
    With ftp you can reach any folder on the pc.
    But with windows sharing, there are some restrictions on user-folders, specially since W7 and W2003.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    It seems with this same ftp setup it creates the lock on other PCs. I spent some time in our demo room at the office and it does the same thing. Seems ftp utility is the culprit. Its fine if scanning a workstation that isn't sharing this resource. I uses a different ftp server utility and it does not create the lock and it still retains everyone permission. I am going to deploy this on my customers PC.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Permissions issue

When W7 came up I had often problems with the KonicaMinolta FTP-Utility showing for unknown reasons ¥:\ instead of C:\ and therefore from those days on I started to use an alternative and never went back to the utility again:

http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.co...rver_lite.html
    (download link at the bottom of the page)

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Permissions issue

If you must use FTP, then I wouldn't go past IIS which is an in built service that can be run on a Windows XP Pro computer and all versions of Vista onwards (Including the server systems).

Then you can get Windows to set the permissions correctly and avoid using anonymous accounts.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Permissions issue

There are 2 sets of permissions for SMB with Windows.

Sharing

NTFS

Sharing just covers Read,Write, And Full , I compare it to "network visibility" basically they can create and open files on the share if these are set correctly, Full should grant Delete.

However..
    NTFS is Security and Ownership, which is in the Security tab in the folder properties.

It can get difficult troubleshooting ACL's (access control lists),
    but to shed some light, "Everyone" is a group best meant for Sharing, not NTFS permissions.
    Also, "modify" ntfs setting should allow the account or group the right to rename a scan file. In most cases, this is very sufficient.

Try applying NTFS acl's in the broadest most manageable sense possible; and use the Effective Permissions tab in the Advanced menu in the Security Tab in Properties to view how restrictions and rights are currently applied.

If this is not a server, but a workstation pc, create a user account on that PC, and on the client workstation browse the share, and enter serverPC\useraccount and save the credentials. In that kind of environment, Everyone in NTFS with modify set is the way to go.