Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Remote administration tools

Do any MFP manufacturers offer software which allows full device administration from a software program or web portal? When I mean full control I mean allows you to set any setting you usually would from a devices web interface or UI screen, e.g. screen layout, network settings and default settings.

Also do any MFP manufacturers offer software that does a full device backup which is set to poll devices at a certain time to update the backup file?

There doesn't seem to be much talk about this sort of stuff on this forum and I'm curious to know what's out there.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Remote administration tools

I believe Sharp have a tool where you can configure the machine but I have not had a look at it after varying rumours about how poor it was.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

KM has Page Scope Data Administrator, great for managing address books, and user authentication info across the fleet of MFPs. You can also manage most of the remaining Admin settings, but not as a "fleet" update. It is also excellent for importing address book and user authentication info from different manufactures. Just need the file in a CSV format and you are good to go. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Have been informed that the Sharp tool is very poor and not worth using and is limited to what it can do apparently.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    KM has Page Scope Data Administrator, great for managing address books, and user authentication info across the fleet of MFPs. You can also manage most of the remaining Admin settings, but not as a "fleet" update. It is also excellent for importing address book and user authentication info from different manufactures. Just need the file in a CSV format and you are good to go. Emujo
    Can this be used remotely?

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Quote Originally Posted by dickierock View Post
    Can this be used remotely?
    Not sure by what you mean remotely, if you can see the MFP on your network, then the software can be used to manage the MFP. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Not sure by what you mean remotely, if you can see the MFP on your network, then the software can be used to manage the MFP. Emujo
    I mean can I manage the mfp's at a customers site, remotely from my own workshop.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dickierock View Post
    I mean can I manage the mfp's at a customers site, remotely from my own workshop.
    Thanks.
    Not directly, but you could do a "remote" session and use the program form there. Emujo

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Not recommended to use remote connection.
    Very bad network security and sets you up for liability if they get hacked.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?