Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Question 'bout Mac's.....

Have no experience at all with Mac's but now a customer is asking me to support him in installing a KonicaMinolta BH-C-353 on his new Mac with OSX 10.10.

Does anyone please have for me an instruction procedure how to install a printer driver for this BH-C-353 and also an instruction how to set up SMB scanning or alternatively FTP scanning with that Mac computer?

Many thanks in advance.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Question 'bout Mac's.....

only support upto 10.9 on konica minolta uk site

Well, customer said "The latest the greatest" so I believed it must be 10.10 but could be that he meant 10.9 as well.....

Hans

Bypass Tray Expert 50+ Posts halbrandenburg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Well, customer said "The latest the greatest" so I believed it must be 10.10 but could be that he meant 10.9 as well.....

Hans
    The printer download will install the PPD (driver) and then you set up a printer using an LPR Port for the IP Address, very much like Windows.

Scan to folder:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...lder%20OSX.pdf

Kind of old but the same procedure, some options may display differently on OS 10.9

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Go to KM site and download 10.9.X driver package. After the download run the package. This will now show several files available, but you only want the geographical area you are in (LT, or A4). You will need the admin password to install the driver package. After all has been installed, go to system preferences, printers, and add a printer. Choose IP printer, LPD and enter the IP address of the MFP on the next line, and a general description of the MFP on the line below that. Pick the "select printer software" choice and find the C353 PS driver from the list. If nothing shows in the list, restart the workstation/laptop, and repeat the add printer portion. After the printer is installed, a pop up giving you he opportunity to add any additional options will be shown. it is critical that you add all that applies as the MAC driver will not "auto obtain" like Windows drivers. We're talking about extra paper feed cabinet, finisher, hole punch and so on. Once finished, the new printer will be available for use. if User Authentication, and/or Account Track is enabled you will need to go into output options within the driver (this means with a document opened and read to print) and check the box for authentication/account track, and add the proper codes. This info can be saved and set as a preset. Hope this helps, Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

localhost:631

Thanks gentlemen.

Hans

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by halbrandenburg View Post
    Scan to folder:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...lder%20OSX.pdf

Kind of old but the same procedure, some options may display differently on OS 10.9
    Does this still work on 10.7+? I thought they took out SMB and/or made their own proprietary crap as an alternative that copier's scan to SMB options don't support?

Bypass Tray Expert 50+ Posts halbrandenburg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JVergin View Post
    Does this still work on 10.7+? I thought they took out SMB and/or made their own proprietary crap as an alternative that copier's scan to SMB options don't support?
    I've done it on newer versions of the MAC OS. I think SMB is still a supported protocol. But I've read about issues with 10.9.2 though, so make sure to research before spending a lot of time on the problem.

You might try FTP, although I've never tried it on a MAC. There is a FileZilla download for the Max OS X.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

10.10 already....

Gosh they're releasing OS updates far too quick these days and we just can't keep up with firmware updates when they screw something up like SMB.