Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    GMX "freemail" smtp down?

Re: GMX "freemail" smtp down?

Quote Originally Posted by SargeNZ View Post
    I gave up using free unencrypted mail servers a year ago and started using Gmail with Stunnel to wrap the email traffic in SSL. It's a magic bullet and you can get it going in 15 minutes.

One day I will post my 'Stunnel How-to' document here, but it's currently keeping me in a job!
    Hmmm I take it you'd need to install Stunnel on a local dedicated PC that's always running or server? So all is rosy if the customer has one of those on offer.

Great idea though

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    A few times when customer has a device with no SSL option I've helped them setup an account with inbox.com

I think it is $8.88 per year. You can use it for free if you don't mind ads in the emails.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    GMX "freemail" smtp down?

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    A few times when customer has a device with no SSL option I've helped them setup an account with inbox.com

I think it is $8.88 per year. You can use it for free if you don't mind ads in the emails.
    oh thx, i'll try that!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Stunnel, yes there needs to be a PC that does not get turned off, or is at least on during work hours. The application can run as a windows service ensuring that it starts with windows. It's really not hard to setup once you know how. I would download the windows installer and get it going on a workshop PC. The hard part comes in editing the configuration file to do what you need it to do.