Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseWun View Post
    Hi BillClark22, I was wondering you got scan to folder working? I have tried everything and can't get it to work. I even tried scan to desktop using the sharpdesk utility, it's able to recognize the copier when I put in the IP address, but when I scan a document, it says "selected servers are not found".

Can someone help me out here please, really appreciate it.
    Ok your turn.

You using version Network scanner tool vers. 3.2?

WiseWun
    Yes, I am using version 3.2, it's build-in with the Sharpdesk software.

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar
    Then your problem sounds like firewall/virus software related. I would turn off the firewall to eliminate that first. Sometimes I have to configure the firewall to allow incoming echo requests, time stamps, etc.

Firewalls let stuff out easier then in.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-2300n Scan to email errors

Bueller.............Bueller....................... Bueller ?
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Re: Sharp MX-2300n Scan to email errors

We had the same problem which was resolved by enabling netbios over tcp/ip. Image attached for reference. It's found under the properties page for your network card.
    Attached Images Attached Images

patf

Re: WTF is going on ????

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    What model are you working on ? I've had zero problems setting up any of the Sharps for any scanning with the exception of the new model MX-2600 & MX-3100N. I've got all the SMTP settings in, & on one of the machines, the connection test even succeeds. But when I go to scan, the selected servers not found error comes up. The other one, I can't get the connection test to even work. I've set up probably 100 machines with scan to email. I even called the hotline to see if there are any known issues.
    P.S. The new machines support SSL SMTP connections.

Your issue sounds like it might be firewall related???
    I'm having the same problem right now with a MX 3110N. I used the mail servers ip address. I enabled ssl through port 587 which is the correct port. I set up a deticated email account for the copier. I enabled authentication and ran the connection test. The test succeeded and I submitted my settings and updated it but as soon as I went to the copier to try to scan to email its a no go. It scans to network folders just fine and inbound routing is enabled to forward the faxes to a folder and there's no problems there. Just scan to email. I called the Sharp hotline and they said they didn't know what to tell me. It should work but it doesn't.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-2300n Scan to email errors

Re: WTF is going on ????

Quote Originally Posted by patf View Post
    I'm having the same problem right now with a MX 3110N. I used the mail servers ip address. I enabled ssl through port 587 which is the correct port. I set up a deticated email account for the copier. I enabled authentication and ran the connection test. The test succeeded and I submitted my settings and updated it but as soon as I went to the copier to try to scan to email its a no go. It scans to network folders just fine and inbound routing is enabled to forward the faxes to a folder and there's no problems there. Just scan to email. I called the Sharp hotline and they said they didn't know what to tell me. It should work but it doesn't.
    Is it the ISP's email, customers or third party. I've found that some ISP's will block ports that aren't used by their SMTP server. The connection test works because it does find the server, but when you try to actually send, it doesn't work.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Check again the following

Firewall
    IP / Mac filtering
    SMTP (Port, Authentication)
    Sender / Admin email address
    Subject / text
    Junk mail

jessmoi

Quote Originally Posted by BillClark22 View Post
    Latest Update: I tried using IP numbers for DNS & SMTP servers but all I got was the consistent "Selected servers cannot be found" error, even though I can successfully ping every DNS or SMTP server I tried to use. The different email accounts I've tried to use are verified to be working from the site so I'm at a loss as to what the issue is. Thanks.

Bill
    How did you get the IPs for the SMTP server and DNS?
    I had to use command prompt and ping the smtp server name to see the IP address that was actually going out. This was also the IP that our firewall was allowing and fixed the issue right away!

Using the MX-3110N