Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Konica minolta Email issue

This may belong in the KM forum, but wanted a broader audience to see if I can get an answer...New C554e, version G9 function ver 6. Email settings copied over from older C554 (non-E), along with all other network settings. Put the MFP in DHCP to allow import of old one touch data, and all is well. Tested scan to email and MFP works perfectly. Now it's time for driver update, so I put MFP back in original static IP and setup all the drivers, again no issue. Go to instruct users how to use one touch buttons and I get a "server connect error". About 1/2 hour of trouble shooting gets me nowhere, so I put the MFP back in DHCP and presto, Email works again. Back to original static IP and "server connect error".

They are using *****-***.mail. protection.outlook.com, port 25, no authentication. Smaller 25E sitting across the hall works just fine with same settings. I think it's a DHCP issue and the rep has this IP tied to the original MFPs mac address, but he says no, they don't use reservations. Any ideas? TIA EMujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Re: Konica minolta Email issue

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    This may belong in the KM forum, but wanted a broader audience to see if I can get an answer...New C554e, version G9 function ver 6. Email settings copied over from older C554 (non-E), along with all other network settings. Put the MFP in DHCP to allow import of old one touch data, and all is well. Tested scan to email and MFP works perfectly. Now it's time for driver update, so I put MFP back in original static IP and setup all the drivers, again no issue. Go to instruct users how to use one touch buttons and I get a "server connect error". About 1/2 hour of trouble shooting gets me nowhere, so I put the MFP back in DHCP and presto, Email works again. Back to original static IP and "server connect error".

They are using *****-***.mail. protection.outlook.com, port 25, no authentication. Smaller 25E sitting across the hall works just fine with same settings. I think it's a DHCP issue and the rep has this IP tied to the original MFPs mac address, but he says no, they don't use reservations. Any ideas? TIA EMujo

Could be a firmware issue, there's a new special version that fixes some codes and printing, not sure about email...

If you temporarily set it up on a generic Gmail and it works, could be an issue with the Exchange server too.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

During the failure are you scanning to an internal email account of the mail server or an outside email account such as yahoo or gmail.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I've come across this before on Kyocera's before. It was something to do with the AT&T DSL service. In essence it worked as DHCP, didn't work as static.

I left the MFP set to DHCP and set up the print drivers to port to the hostname. Thankfully there weren't any DNS issues. As far as I know there haven't been any networking issues. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You might be having a DNS problem when you set to static IP address. When you use DHCP, the DNS is set from the DHCP server. When you use static IP you have to use the same DNS and gateway settings as you get from the DHCP. Also if the customer network is a domain, the domain name must be correct. Hardware firewalls can be set to block any outgoing traffic from a non-domain device. In house Exchange servers will ignore requests from non-domain device unless it has been set to accept all requests.

Turned out to be a switch problem, however, the IT rep is unfamiliar with how to manage this switch. Resolution was to set IP to anything besides what the original configuration was. Little pissed off about this though, I get down there for round 2 of this issue and the manager of the place starts yelling about how we (my company) let them down, and how they have been unable to scan for more than a week. Seems the IT rep neglected to inform him as to my original diagnosis and of his responsibility to fix the issue by correcting the switch issue, or assigning a new IP (he didn't want the additional work of re configuring 20+ workstations). I was quite happy to return the favor and throw him under the bus...Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Technician

Hi

Do you try to put smtp IP adress not the name server ,with the series E sometimes work better with IP adress for smtp not the name server

Thanks for the input, but since the resolution was found 6 months ago, I probably won't make any further changes....LOL EMujo

marksjon

e touch data, and all is well. Tested scan to email and MFP works perfectly. Now it's time for driver update, so I put MFP back in original static IP and setup all the drivers, again no issue. Go to instruct users how to use one touch buttons and I get a "server connect error". About 1/2 hour of trouble shooting gets me nowhere, so I put the MFP back gggf

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koni123 View Post
    Hi

Do you try to put smtp IP adress not the name server ,with the series E sometimes work better with IP adress for smtp not the name server
    Could this work for SMTP.GMAIL.COM ?

I am still having issues with scanning to gmail on 2 different machines on two locations and they both "e" machines. C454e and C224e. any suggestions welcome thread here Bizhub C452e gmail per page separate file in separate email issue.?

Sorry Emujo for crashing your thread. Hope you don't mind!
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE