Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Copier Guardian

Panasonic DP-8045 & AT&T U-Verse

Here is my issue, I have a customer that has AT&T U-Verse and we are installing a Panasoinc dp-8045. It will not show up on network, able to ping or any sort of connectivity.

Have given it a static IP, checked all settings.

Connected the Panasonic 8045 to seperate network (mediacom & netgear router) and it works perfectly. Can assign a Static IP, connect, print / scan. Now when we take that anad switch it to ATT Uverse router everything just doesnt work. There is a Konica Minolta C450 hooked up thats working. So it something between the Router <> Panasonic.

Anyone familiar with ATT & panasonic. Tech support is a joke.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Panasonic DP-8045 &amp; AT&amp;T U-Verse

Re: Panasonic DP-8045 & AT&T U-Verse

With AT&T U-Verse you most likely have a Motorola NVG 510 DSL MODEM. The label on the modem should the password needed to access the administrative menu of the device. You can search for a manual on the NVG 510. There is a possibility that it is configured for a fixed number of public IP addresses.

P.S. Many consider NVG to stand for:
    Not
    Very
    Good

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

AT&T U-Verse is a f*cking joke!

Every establishment that we have a machine at that "upgraded" to AT&T U-Verse, I've had to go back to them after the U-verse installation and reconfigure the MFP to work with the new equipment...and if scan to e-mail worked before, it didn't work after the U-Verse install due to mail server and port # changes. We fixed that by having our company subscribe to an e-mail relay server.

What the AT&T U-Verse basically boils down to is someone in the marketing department coining the "AT&T U-Verse" them to run folks through the wringer to get more $ out of them!

That info aside, if the U-Verse box is only allowing a certain number of IP addresses, you can always put another wired/wireless router downstream and use that! I personally like Netgear and they seem to work quite well!...Get one that has gigabit ethernet ports--your network is only as fast as the slowest device in the chain!

Good Luck!

Copier Guardian

So how would one connect a router from say netgear to the ATT uverse #5168nv model no.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by disko View Post
    So how would one connect a router from say netgear to the ATT uverse #5168nv model no.

The WLAN side of the Netgear Router (internet/upstream side) usually color coded in yellow, would hook up to any of the downstream side of the ATT Uverse modem ethernet ports (sometimes black or blue). Mind you, that you shouldn't hook up any other devices to the downstream side of the ATT Uverse modem...ONLY the Netgear wired/wireless router.

Imagine the following as a diagram, with arrows signifying single cables.

WLAN/DSL Phone Line --> ATT UVerse Modem Router --> Netgear Wired/Wireless Router-->All other wired devices!
    -->All other wired devices!

So that being said, I totally despise it when a service provider installs a piece of equipment, charges you a lease fee and then that piece of equipment provides subpar performance and is not easily configurable.

Case in point. I have Comcast high speed internet service. I have a motorola gigabit cable modem which is ONLY a cable modem with a single gigabit ethernet port on the back. That ethernet port is connected to a Netgear wired/wireless gigabit router, which is it's only function--no modem built in. I then have various computers hooked up to it along with another 5 port gigabit switch to increase the number of ports. From what I have found, if you combine multiple devices into one device, you loose reliability, configurablility and functionality. I sort of contradict myself here, since the wired/wireless router does combine the two types of connections. Anyway, if you think the DSL Modem/Router combo is causing issues, I would definitely try what I just mentioned above.

Best of Luck!