Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Airprint without airprint support?

Quote Originally Posted by cccjjn View Post
    A. This is not AirPrint
    B. The Ricoh app sucks. Try to print an email using it and you'll see why.
    The original question was how to print to a device without AirPrint support, so no, the Ricoh app isn't AirPrint but not everyone is going to pay Apple to license their service. Is the Ricoh app that great? No, but it does the basic job though emails are a pain, even using the Android version I have on my BlackBerry. The real issue is that the app is built for printing actual files as opposed to application data, which emails are kept as on a mobile device. I generally just avoid printing emails entirely since I have them with me on the device anyway, which gets the same messages as my laptop and tablet.

You can also check and see if maybe the device you're looking to print to can be configured with an email address that you can use and have it print attachments in formats like PDF, or JPG, etc. If it's a customer device, check with their IT as they may be able to provision an account, and make any necessary settings on their mail server since they'd likely have to use IMAP or POP for this feature.

Re: Airprint without airprint support?

Yea page scope mobile is sucky aswell need to move the file you what to print to documents folder. I got the airprint running on the new Konica Minolta C224e machines and works magic. rthonpm's idea is the best most machines has POP.