Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C452e gmail per page separate file in separate email issue.

Had gmail working simple scan no probs. even larger docs. 25-40pages. Pdf cpdf all good.
    Client tried scanning 1job after the other and getting server connection error. The same applies for single destination x-page file (1 page) per 1 email sent in a 10 page original which should result in 10 separate emails.

Is there a way to create a gap between jobs like we used to do on the good old fax machines with Pause between dialling numbers?

Loaded G9 fw, ver. 5 (vendor)
    Account Track is enabled.
    Trouble reset
    Still the same.
    Tried TLS -port 587 think it was
    Still no joy.
    Machine is on DHCP.

FTP WORKS flawlessly. Issue is too many Macs that have renewed IP's fairly often(macbooks) so nothing static. Haven't figured SMB ON MACS AS YET!
    Or FTP with HOST name that would work.

Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Re: Bizhub C452e gmail per page separate file in separate email issue.

I haven't seen this issue before but there is a timeout setting in the email tx setting. Try changing from 60 to 120 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    I haven't seen this issue before but there is a timeout setting in the email tx setting. Try changing from 60 to 120 seconds.
    Thanks wseyller! The funny bit is that it happens prior to 60 sec. I'll try it anyway.
    Also I never had this issue on c203 c451 series or c220 series.
    Client had C451 and never had this sort of issue.

I've noticed 2 similar scan through gmail smtp services issues on the new "e" machines. One on c242e and now on c454e and they are miles apart. The C242e was throwing random Server Connection Errors and now this C454e doing similar but only or preferably with the function mentioned above or 1 job immediately after the other.
    Gmail has 25MB cap on file size, however question is how fast can it process a sequence of emails in/out during a short period of time. Thinking it may have a slow spam protection/recognition or the government screen soft isn't up to the speed ... Just thinking out of the sandbox.

Firmwares HERE

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    Had gmail working simple scan no probs. even larger docs. 25-40pages. Pdf cpdf all good.
    Client tried scanning 1job after the other and getting server connection error. The same applies for single destination x-page file (1 page) per 1 email sent in a 10 page original which should result in 10 separate emails.

Sorry, maybe this makes perfect sense, but I read this three times...maybe I am dense, but what is the exact issue?
    It is timing out or something when multiple jobs are done in tandem?

You might want to suffer and read each and every special firmware .pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    Sorry, maybe this makes perfect sense, but I read this three times...maybe I am dense, but what is the exact issue?
    It is timing out or something when multiple jobs are done in tandem?

You might want to suffer and read each and every special firmware .pdf
    Hi sorry, if my context isn't up to scratch had a loong day.

Yes, scanning to 1 email recipient a tandem of scans. could be 1 page per email or more results in Server connection error. Example. 30 different originals in ADF scanned at once with the function "Page Separation + Email attachment method - One (1) file per E-mail"
    So in the Inbox should be 30 emails from one scan. Or 15 email if every 2 pages separation was set. Or 10 emails if every 3 page separation was set and so on.
    Tried 20 with page separation of 1 and right after it fed last page took the whole lot scanned it again as JUST ONE file and that went through. The previous 20 didn't make it.
    Just looked in the SMTP services of GMAIL and thinking to use the relay. Just have to do a bit more research. Looks like there are limits per day on the SMTP.GMAIL.COM of 2000 sent emails and ANY gmail services will filter suspicious emails. So, me thinking to change the password first as it may interfere with the Captcha. Then try the smtp-relay.gmail.com 25 or 465 or 587
    smtp.gmail.com465 or 587
    aspmx.l.google.com 25

If none of this works, then special firmwares

Firmwares HERE

Every now and then we are getting E-301 ... 3x so far! Jam 72-16 x4 .. something is not right.

open to suggestions..could the email issue be related to the Memory / MFPB / SSD

FTP runs fine.
    Firmwares HERE

Ok network settings cleared to factory settings.. Started fresh. Gmail acc works when scanned from C224e from the wrkshop. Even scanned to customers inbox. Tried later from clients machine 1 page OK 7pages OK. 34 pages failed. Tried to my email 27 pages went through. Tried to clients email the same originals 27 pages fid not go through. Tried again to mine. It didn't go through! Wiped the network settings again, reloaded firmware G20-G9. Check sums all correct. Setup again same shit. Works few then it doesnt. Extended timeout to 120 sec , run network lead direct from MFP TO SWITCH, set fixed IP, tried smb to my laptop. Once it worked, then it stopped completely. FTP to my mac is the only protocol that works flawlessly over their network to my mac !
    Just returned back to office and used the same gmail account used at clients site for SMTP services and the workshop c224e is scanning absolutely fine.

So its not gmail issue!

I want to burn this thing!

Last edited by habik; 03-03-2015 at 08:42 PM. Reason: ftp over their network added
    Firmwares HERE

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    Ok network settings cleared to factory settings.. Started fresh. Gmail acc works when scanned from C224e from the wrkshop. Even scanned to customers inbox. Tried later from clients machine 1 page OK 7pages OK. 34 pages failed. Tried to my email 27 pages went through. Tried to clients email the same originals 27 pages fid not go through. Tried again to mine. It didn't go through! Wiped the network settings again, reloaded firmware G20-G9. Check sums all correct. Setup again same shit. Works few then it doesnt. Extended timeout to 120 sec , run network lead direct from MFP TO SWITCH, set fixed IP, tried smb to my laptop. Once it worked, then it stopped completely. FTP to my mac is the only protocol that works flawlessly over their network to my mac !
    Just returned back to office and used the same gmail account used at clients site for SMTP services and the workshop c224e is scanning absolutely fine.

So its not gmail issue!

I want to burn this thing!

....Some random thoughts:

Are the settings that you changed sticking--especially after it starts failing?
    Is there a Fiery installed?
    I don't think there is a NVRAM/NIC Reset for a c452...maybe?

Might want to try a different file type/dpi...but it seems to me that shouldn't matter. Gmail might not like the default file the MFP is creating (which I don't think you can change), but that SMB variable kind of throws all this off.

The All Solutions says this:
    Solution ID 1 Solution Usage TAUS1000881EN*Description Unable to scan to E-mail using Binary division. [whatever that is exactly]
    Solution CAUSE: Unsupported function.

72-16 Jam is a FS-526 code--that probably isn't related...couldn't find the E-301.

As to hardware...like you said:
    Memory / MFPB / SSD.
    Memory is the easiest to check (even with a laptop) then I am going to say try MFP Board after that.

Wish I could help more. : /

Thanks Synaux.
    Firmwares HERE

Funny you mentioned that sticking of settings I recall after one reboot this :

Firmwares HERE