Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Konica Minolta C552 "Forward TX error" SMB scanning

Anyone really know what this Forward TX error is? Knowledge base suggest it is caused when using a blank password. That isn't the case in my situation.

This had been working for months. Now it is intermittent according to the customer. When I was there it did not work at all.

Is NOT in a domain environment

folder path in scan settings: data\SCANS
    folder path on computer: C:\data\SCANS

There is a local administrator account called "bizhub" that is used for scanning. I even tried resetting the password.

Everyone group has full/read write. Also tried adding the "bizhub" account with full permission

Folder can be accessed by other computers on the network.

Using IP address not hostname.

Updated the firmware to latest base.

Tried disabling antivirus and firewall.

public folder sharing is on

also tried to enable file sharing for devices that use 40- or 56-bit encryption.

PC can be pinged from copier. Printing is operational.

Tried setting from NTML v1 to NTML v1/v2 on copier but it shows "server connect error" when doing that.

I can scan to my laptop while on their wirless network.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Konica Minolta C552 "Forward TX error" SMB scanning

Sounds like you've ruled out any network issues here with the exception of a cabling or NIC problem. My thought would be to perform a network init, HDD format and set the MFP up from scratch. You may also want to try adjusting the NIC speed/duplex settings to see if anything changes. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

For the user name, have you tried appending the bizhub user name with the computer name just like you would on a domain? See if it works as Computer\bizhub and then the password.

I'm not buying into any issue with the copier. As a test I scanned to two other computer on their network just fine with same OS version. Also added my laptop to their wireless and can scan to it also.

I did previously add the hostname in with the username but didn't help.

This is like the second time ever that I could not make smb scan work unless it was known to be incompatible.

I will try ftp. I can scan using ftp utility but that program always add it own permissions to the PDF so it can't be accessed from another PC. There are 3 or 4 other PCs that need to access the PDFs in that share and they get access denial when ftp utility is used.

I just need to find free suitable ftp server software that I can install. I've done it before. It was during the first time I could not make one work on a C360 and had the same forward tx error.

You didn't mention about being able to scan to other workstations in your original post...I would now be looking at File and Print sharing options or firewall/antivirus issues on the target workstation. Can you browse back to the workstation from the MFP control panel? If so can you access the shared folder with the credentials provided? Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Last sentence in my first post I mentioned scanning to my laptop. Also mentioned disabling disabling antivirus and Firewall which normally cause server connection errors anyway.

I did not try browsing from the MFP. That might be interesting to try. Never had to use that before.

Only other thing I could think of is the fact that other computers view this shared folder. They consider this computer their server. Maybe exceeding the 20 concurrent connection limit but I find it hard to believe that's happening but maybe that is why its intermittent. I should have checked the event logs for this.

I am believe this error to have something to do with credentials in some way.

The MFP itself makes a great troubleshooting tool when you browse out to the network. If you can see every single host but the one you are having issues with, then it's hard to argue that the problem is not with the device. Emujo

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    The MFP itself makes a great troubleshooting tool when you browse out to the network. If you can see every single host but the one you are having issues with, then it's hard to argue that the problem is not with the device. Emujo

Hi emujo, i am very interested in how to browse the network from the MFP. I really liked the Ricoh way of doing things seem like its got SAMBA on there. I have never seen a Minolta do that.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Ricoh is actually using Unix samba. If you look in the back of the user guides, you'll see the attributions for all of the components used in the machine's embedded OS. Minolta likely has something similar, or uses its own flavour of the SMB package that may not be as flexible.

It's pretty simple, ensure you have SMB server settings configured to match the network, it's just the domain and SMB ver 1or 1/2. Domain will be name only, don't attach the .com/org/edu ect. Once turned on you can go to user settings/one touch settings/address book/SMB/new...on one of the pages is a reference icon. Touching this will start the MFP looking out across the network. Once you fin where you want to go, you may need credentials to open the host or folder, just save the button and "viola" you are scanning. Emujo