Conversation Between Mr Spock and Calcucatus

2 Visitor Messages

1. As one poster suggested turn off the image control and run a skyshot (put a piece of paper so it is not a total black page) and check for errors. I am willing to bet that it will not be solid but may have diagonal light spots through it. If so then it is time for a developer change or the toner supply is blocked up. I would also check and clean the sensors on this. Do not forget to reset the error counters or it will not go away.
    Check the pm counters as well, as other items may be due soon and it would be good just to do it and be done with it.

I am not trained but this is a code that seems to happen on most Toshiba's and this is the standard check I do and it usually takes care of it.
  2. Help help!!! I'm against the wall with a CE40 code on a Toshiba 5520c. (It's actually a TA550c in disguise.) Says to check high densidty patter - I do - 65, 653, 65, 673 - so "High Density abnormality"

Manual says to check the laser and Drum Potential shutters (they work).
    Disable Image Quality Control and Drum Surface Potential. (DOne).
    05-394 (Image Quality open loop control).
    Output test pattern. Result - All COLORS blank.
    Perform 05-396 - Back to CE40.

Notes: There is a pattern on the Tranfer Belt, but I don't know if there's enough of a pattern to make a difference. Please help, this is my FIRST call on this machine.

Thanks,
    Calcucatus.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2