Conversation Between b003ace and zico21

2 Visitor Messages

1. Thanks for the compliment.

Once in a great while my job took me to Jamestown, when the Buffalo branch was short handed. More often they needed me in Niagara Falls when that happened.

I don't think I'll miss the driving now that I am no longer working for them. I had to walk out of a customer who became belligerent, called the office from the car and was told I did the right thing. One week later I got sacked for it. Can't win for trying.

I guess I'm too old fashioned. I believe in fixing things right, doing maintenance according to spec, and taking the time to look for problems before they're problems. It doesn't seem that any industry wants that any more, just get in and get out as fast and with as few parts as possible.

C'est la vie.
  2. Hi...Curiosity and boredom got the best of me. I'm from Jamestown, very longtime tech/service manager (30 years). You sound like an intellegant tech, a rareity in our neck of the woods! I don't come to this site often although it does attract more interesting posters than some of the other forums that have been around for ages, especially the non-US members.

Anyway, feel free to reply, but I won't be offended if you don't.

Cheers,
    Tom clark
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2