Technician

SMB to folder on Windows 10

I've tried on three different Ricoh's here in my shop to scan to folder on a Win10 box that I have in our lab for testing. I've tried it on a c3500, MP3352 and a c3003. I did the latest firmware updates on all models including (if available) any custom/special firmware that was released for scanning to win8/server2012 as currebtly there is nothing posted by Ricoh for Windows 10. A entry shows in the folder (file name, date and time stamp, file type) but 0 kb in file size. System Log errors state "SMBC: Failed to write", followed by "Failed to close", followed by "Failed to Delete" . The word I just got from Ricoh Tech support is that it is so far Not Supported.

I will post an update when I hear of a release on it.

Sadly, it works on the Lexmark XM series.

Anyone else have anything on this?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts francisco's Avatar

Re: SMB to folder on Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by amos.kaplan View Post
    I've tried on three different Ricoh's here in my shop to scan to folder on a Win10 box that I have in our lab for testing. I've tried it on a c3500, MP3352 and a c3003. I did the latest firmware updates on all models including (if available) any custom/special firmware that was released for scanning to win8/server2012 as currebtly there is nothing posted by Ricoh for Windows 10. A entry shows in the folder (file name, date and time stamp, file type) but 0 kb in file size. System Log errors state "SMBC: Failed to write", followed by "Failed to close", followed by "Failed to Delete" . The word I just got from Ricoh Tech support is that it is so far Not Supported.

I will post an update when I hear of a release on it.

Sadly, it works on the Lexmark XM series.

Anyone else have anything on this?
    i have win 10 and today whith a mpc 2500 works fine.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I tested 3 machines that were previously working on Windows 8: MP201, MP C400, MP2500. All working fine on Windows 10 with no further updates

Technician 50+ Posts

[QUOTE=francisco;484360]i have win 10 and today whith a mpc 2500 works fine.

I have this very same situation with a ricoh mpc2500 that will not smb folder scan no matter what i do.
    Could you please elaborate on this and was this a Windows 10.1 professional upgrade or a home addition?
    I can browse the workgroup to the computer but non of the shared folders show up no matter what setting and network type i create it in.
    Public or Private networks were both tried and advanced folder shares were set to full control in all user profiles.
    My IT person said that smb3 is used on Windows 10.1 and are not supported on the ricoh mpc2500 even after i did the firmware upgrade.
    I was just inquiring on the quote[i have win 10 and today whith a mpc 2500 works fine.]

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

[QUOTE=duane@pbbsinc.com;495787]
    Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    I have this very same situation with a ricoh mpc2500 that will not smb folder scan no matter what i do.
    Could you please elaborate on this and was this a Windows 10.1 professional upgrade or a home addition?
    To reiterate 'If" you already have a machine that was functioning with Windows 8.1 (any version). Nothing is required (as far as updates to the copier) if you upgrade to Win 10.
    "If Not", a firmware update will be necessary to make the machine compatible with SMB 3.
    There is Custom Network Firmware available for the older units -including the C2500, etc.

Search the RICOH forum - where this post should have been in the first place. There's TONS of discussions

I/we are not all just saying so, as some sort of weird joke.
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 11-04-2015 at 03:08 AM.