Power Line Monitoring

Just curious what all of you guys are using for monitoring Power lines when you have a suspect power issue? I am looking for other options that will allow the technician to come back in say 24/48 hours and upload the report to the PC, or to there phones. We are currently using a solutions from Innovolt, but are looking for other solutions. If possible please include make/model info any help would be appreciated.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Power Line Monitoring

Quote Originally Posted by bigmark60 View Post
    Just curious what all of you guys are using for monitoring Power lines when you have a suspect power issue? I am looking for other options that will allow the technician to come back in say 24/48 hours and upload the report to the PC, or to there phones. We are currently using a solutions from Innovolt, but are looking for other solutions. If possible please include make/model info any help would be appreciated.
    Here in Oz we telephone the power company and they send a line-tech out with a power line monitoring meter. The techo plugs the monitor into the mains grid of the premises and then returns in a week/month or so to graph the results. The power-tech will confirm any transients/sperry on the supply and send the field-guys out to fix the issue. Sometimes it's an active or neutral wire in from the mains power pole or ground. Sometimes it's the mains transformer on the pole.

Unless you have big switching industrial motors in or around the premises you could get away with a UPS or PC style power filter.

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts jam-o-matic's Avatar

I threw the same question out to our small dealer group, with this model Fluke 1710. I got several responses that the Fluke was easy to use & had plenty of good info. I ordered one of these, a little on the $pendy side, but if we can save some tech hours & blown boards - it will pay for itself in 9-12 months!

Fluke VR1710 Voltage Quality Recorder

I can update once i have run at one of our construction trailers with a generator

wow, that is pricey. $1100 there is a model we are looking into upgrading too by innovolt that is suppose to be able to be read on an android or iPhone that is much cheaper. Innovolt P1003/1000 and has an interface that plugs right into the phone. total of about $250-300 for the two devices needed. But I know there are some other models out there so just trolling for other options before we buy 10 of these new ones.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Power Line Monitoring

Quote Originally Posted by jam-o-matic View Post
    I threw the same question out to our small dealer group, with this model Fluke 1710. I got several responses that the Fluke was easy to use & had plenty of good info. I ordered one of these, a little on the $pendy side, but if we can save some tech hours & blown boards - it will pay for itself in 9-12 months!

Fluke VR1710 Voltage Quality Recorder

I can update once i have run at one of our construction trailers with a generator
    I've had one of these for 5 or 6 years, and it works quite nicely. The only hard part seems to explaining to the enduser that I'm not their guy when it comes to diagnosing the cause of power issues, or cleaning up the power. I'm just there to discover/monitor. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Power Line Monitoring

I've used both INNOVOLT and ESP Next gen PCS units. They both work well. The next gen is what I currently use, It's easy to use and get the info from and you can print out or save the file for the customer, maybe a little pricey, not really sure on cost.....................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations