Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Vendor controlled machine Sharp MX-2700n

I have a Sharp MX-2700n with a ruined fuser. I bought the rebuild kit and ended up breaking the glass rods inside the rollers. I am having trouble finding a whole new fuser unit and even if I could, they are priced at $300+.

I know of another machine I can pick up for $399. I could use it (it has a stapler unit, mine does not) and keep my original for parts. However, the new copier is under vendor control and has a screen stating such. The seller says it must be reprogrammed for regular usage.

Is this something that can be done? Or should I stay away from this copier altogether?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Vendor controlled machine Sharp MX-2700n

Sharp MX-2700N 120 Volt Lower Fuser Heater Lamp (Genuine)(details)Located in Lower Heat Roller - Genuine Sharp Part
    Your Price:
    $99.95
    FREE SHIPPING!!
    On Orders $75 & Up

Sharp MX-2700N Main Upper Fuser Heat Lamp - 120V (Genuine) (details)Genuine Sharp Part
    Your Price:
    $72.95
    FREE SHIPPING!!
    On Orders $75 & Up
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Vendor controlled machine Sharp MX-2700n

Quote Originally Posted by rightbrained View Post
    I have a Sharp MX-2700n with a ruined fuser. I bought the rebuild kit and ended up breaking the glass rods inside the rollers. I am having trouble finding a whole new fuser unit and even if I could, they are priced at $300+.

I know of another machine I can pick up for $399. I could use it (it has a stapler unit, mine does not) and keep my original for parts. However, the new copier is under vendor control and has a screen stating such. The seller says it must be reprogrammed for regular usage.

Is this something that can be done? Or should I stay away from this copier altogether?

the vend machine: facing the rear of copier , the upper right should be a 9 pin connector mounted to rear panel (if it has the Sharp vend interface) . one screw should be holding mounting plate in. remove screw and lift mounting plate off of rear panel , now remove complete rear panel . follow vend cable to board and unplug and remove ground screw from cable. then put rear panel back on. plug in copier , turn on go to sim 26-3 and reset outside vend back to none.

fuser lamps are available from precisionroller.com about 99.00 for upper lamp and 72.95 for lower lamp