Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Techs vs MIF

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Techs vs MIF

Techs vs MIF

Hi,

Had a service meeting the other day, usual stuff, but one technician asked how many machines in the MIF should one tech be responsible for, ie 1 tech for 200/300/400 machines etc?

Service manager came up with a figure, which he said was Industry standard?? of in the older days of analogue machines, 1 tech would usually look after approx 250 machines, any higher and another tech would be hired. He continued, that now days the machines are easier to fix?? (not sure i agree) and said that 1 tech should have around 400 machines before another tech is hired?? Which i thought was excessive, as we have alot more machines now and alot less techs than we did 10-12 yrs ago. So, in conclusion

what is the industry standard on number of machines in MIF against number of techs??

tks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Techs vs MIF

Re: Techs vs MIF

A more useful number might be total number of clicks per month. The reason that I say this is I have two machines that together do 1M clicks each month. I'm there 3 or 4 days each month, yet I'm willing to bet that they account for the largest part of my total clicks. If I had two more machines like this I would surpass most other techs in clicks, and have a total of 4 machines. And I could probably work 8 days a month.

I guess my point is that there are far too many variables to speculate a specific number of machines. You would have to break it down by segments to get any sort of meaningful number. Another thing to keep in mind, is that low volume machines that get an annual "cleaning" might make 10K. On my high volume machines that 10K will happen before 8:00 AM the first day.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=