Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

canon ir advance c 2020 light copy and print light too

I changed drums, transfer belt and cleaned laser unit and done copy quality adjustment but stll light.
    Black is not solid black more like dark gray and colors are not dark little fade. Please help me. Thanks

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: canon ir advance c 2020 light copy and print light too

Quote Originally Posted by voxon4 View Post
    I changed drums, transfer belt and cleaned laser unit and done copy quality adjustment but stll light.
    Black is not solid black more like dark gray and colors are not dark little fade. Please help me. Thanks
    I haven't worked on Canon equipment for years, but if you'll accept a couple of suggestions from the likes of me then here we go.
    First of all, if that problem only happens when you copy originals through the doc feeder or from the platen glass, it sounds like you need to clean the optics, and what the equipment I currently work on calls the white reference plate. The white reference plate is pretty important, actually. Unfortunately, one of the things I haven't done in the years since I stopped working on Canon equipment is clean their optics so I don't know how to do that anymore.
    And that brings me to my second suggestion: to find out how to clean the optics from people with experience with current Canon equipment (and also to prevent dopes like me from wasting your time), you should post your question here:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/canon/
    That's where all the people with modern Canon equipment experience are at.
    (If you can share pictures of what you're dealing with there, that would probably be helpful, they can't see what that machine is doing like you can after all.)
    If you find a suitable solution there, you'll be helping out more people than you could possibly imagine too.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Iowatech; 05-02-2016 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Putting in a missing word: equipment.