Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Toshiba E-studio 2050c developer roller void.

Hi, i am a fairly new copier tech. I have been working on a Toshiba e-studio 2050c for about a week now. I have been going through it very thoroughly trying to make it as close to perfect as i can get it.One problem i ran in to that i cannot seem to figure out is a void on the black developer roller,which is causing a white line when i try to print in black and white. The density of the black copy is very light. I have replaced the developer material, and replaced the roller a few different times with extra rollers i had. When i take the developer unit out i can visibly see a void where the material is not covering. Any advice i can get on the topic will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Toshiba E-studio 2050c developer roller void.

It is not uncommon to get foreign matter under the doctor blade, blocking the flow of developer on the mag roller. I call it "foreign matter" because even when you get it in you fingers, you can't really tell what it is. The toner bath disguises whatever it is.

Let's assume that it's a paper lint bunny. What you need is a thick piece of mylar cut like this:

Mylar Doctor Blade Cleaner.JPG

Insert the mylar from the outside of the developing unit, along the bottom side of the mag roller, about 25mm to the front of the obstruction. Slip the mylar across until the hook is lined up with the obstruction. Roll the mag roller upward while pulling the mylar out. The obstruction will follow the mylar out. Turn very slowly, so that you can identify the obstruction, and get it away from the mag roller. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it. It's more effective if the developing unit is full. You can see where to position the mylar.

Give it a try. Mylar works better than a business card. I have inadvertently left the corner of a business card inside a developing unit, making the problem worse. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Thank you for your advice. I tried your suggestion but ran into another problem. After turning on the machine it sent a CE40 error code which is Image quality control. I took the steps that the manual suggested and that has led me nowhere.I have changed the sensor on the bottom of the developer unit. I removed the drum units, developer units, fuser and the transfer belt and blown out all the dust/ debris. When i pulled out the transfer belt I realized that the black test mark is extremly cloudy and not as thick as it should be. This tells me something is wrong with either the black drum unit or developer unit. Do you have any suggestions that may help me figure this out? Thank you

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Well you've made a start. If the black patches have diagonal voids or light areas it will be a black developing issue. Separate the drum unit from the developing unit. You'll see diagonal voids across the black mag roller.

Look at the maintenance counters 6S mode. If the black developer and drum are due, I'd install a new black drum and DEV-KIT-FC50K. Do a black developer stir and color calibration.

If the other parts aren't due yet, just do the black developer, stir, and calibration. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=