Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Need advice with what copier brand I should purchase.

As a technician, I personally prefer the Kyocera's any day over the Ricoh/Savin machines!...Why?....fuser codes from thermistors on the Kyocera are pretty much non-existent!...with the Ricoh/Savins, you'll be going for fuser codes from dirty thermistors!....just sayin'!.....plus, on the Kyoceras, you don't have to rebuild the fuser (room for human error!)--just install a new one and reset PM count! Ricoh/Savin, you'll have to rebuild the fuser, so that's downtime AND room for human error in the rebuild process!....also, cleaning charge rollers on the Kyoceras is a breeze!....don't even have to remove the PCU's!...just unclip, slide out and clean with a damp paper towel!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

we all have our opinions but if you look at the number of post by manufacturer on this site that might tell you something Toshiba has 4 to 5 thousand threads while the other big companies have 11 to 15 thousand threads just saying I think the more threads the more issues a brand has

ps try to find a guy like me who sells lease returned copiers with a warranty I would sell you 5 machines for around 10 grand instaed of a 5 year lease where you will be spending about 80 grand a guy like me can sell you toner and parts for a lot less than 70 grand over 5 years

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bruce 49dcs View Post
    we all have our opinions but if you look at the number of post by manufacturer on this site that might tell you something Toshiba has 4 to 5 thousand threads while the other big companies have 11 to 15 thousand threads just saying I think the more threads the more issues a brand has

ps try to find a guy like me who sells lease returned copiers with a warranty I would sell you 5 machines for around 10 grand instaed of a 5 year lease where you will be spending about 80 grand a guy like me can sell you toner and parts for a lot less than 70 grand over 5 years
    You are CORRECT!

Also, trying to find an "off lease" used Ricoh is alot easier to do than trying to find an "off lease" used Kyocera/Mita/Copystar!....reason?!...people tend to keep the Kyocera/Mita/Copystar machines longer with fewer issues than the Ricoh brands! The Kyo machines last well and are quite easy to maintain (cleaner too!)

Ricoh is a "same shit, different day/model" brand.

Kyocera listens and improves.

I am just saying as a technician from observation and experience!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Technician 50+ Posts mthomasebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruce 49dcs View Post

More threads doesn't necessarily mean more issues. It could easily be that there are more units out in the field for that certain manufacturer.

Christina E.

Quote Originally Posted by Upinflamezzz View Post
    This is my first post and I apologize if I'm post in the wrong forum. I'm currently in the middle of receiving proposals to replace 5 copiers. Ricoh 907EX, Ricoh 8001, Ricoh 6001, Ricoh 2851 and a Ricoh 4310n. I've met with 3 companies and the incumbent Ricoh and am looking for Maybe Am
    reliability of the copier especially in a warehouse environment. My choices are between Ricoh - Savin - Kyocera and Xerox. All of the proposals have been about the same price so I'm really focused on the reliability and durability of the machines. Any advice from any tech would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.
    Maybe Market Inspector can help you out if you are still looking for copiers. There you can compare different brands and hopefully, it'll help you with the choice.
    Compare Price and Quality From Different Suppliers | Market-Inspector

Xerox have always been good to me.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Konica Minolta...is the best today!I have work on 5 model's over 30 yrs

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Technician

I agree with Maher. If you're happy with the service you're current copier company provides then stick with them. What is their response time, your down-time and customer service?
    Reliability varies with each model with any manufacturer. That also depends if your usage equals what the model was designed to handle (you don't drive a Porsche for short errands).
    I'm sure you're looking at the bottom line but sometimes you get what you pay for in this field.

Quote Originally Posted by mthomasebs View Post
    More threads doesn't necessarily mean more issues. It could easily be that there are more units out in the field for that certain manufacturer.
    I fully agree. We (Konica Minolta) have 20 000 more machines in the field than our closest competitor according to a recent survey that was done.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Need advice with what copier brand I should purchase.

been in this field for 35 years and I have worked on all of them...Kyocera all the way if the service company is reputable. They are technician friendly and for most calls only require a screw driver a in and out usually. But any machine is only as good as the service company