Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Will you change the ozone filter as the instruction book? Where to buy it?

Most of the copier will be emission ozone, that when it concentration is over, will be harmful to humanbody.
    Will you change the ozone filter as the instruction book? Where to buy it?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Will you change the ozone filter as the instruction book? Where to buy it?

Where to buy it?
    From Chinaman I presume........

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Yep, if china don't come up with cheap aftermarket no one will

I think if "copier" ozone were that dangerous OEM's would stress replacing more.

I just vacuum the ozone filters, unless of course they are falling apart then I replace them.

The days of ozone emissions are counted. Only the high volume and production machines have them these days.

Ozone by itself is very beneficial to treat people with acidosis an to kill all kinds of bacteria.

The problem comes from "cracking" air that contains all kinds of other stuff like nitrogen and other gases that will form toxic gas emissions. Laughing gas is also made.
    These would leave the brownish buildup on charge units.

With charge contact rollers ozone is eliminated and the filters are not needed.

I do change ozone filters on production and high volume machine.
    If you consider to vacuum them after they are expired you might just remove them from the machine completely it has no value any more.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Yep, if china don't come up with cheap aftermarket no one will

I think if "copier" ozone were that dangerous OEM's would stress replacing more.

I just vacuum the ozone filters, unless of course they are falling apart then I replace them.
    China is growing up for ozone filters,and the quality is equal with Japaness.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    The days of ozone emissions are counted. Only the high volume and production machines have them these days.

Ozone by itself is very beneficial to treat people with acidosis an to kill all kinds of bacteria.

The problem comes from "cracking" air that contains all kinds of other stuff like nitrogen and other gases that will form toxic gas emissions. Laughing gas is also made.
    These would leave the brownish buildup on charge units.

With charge contact rollers ozone is eliminated and the filters are not needed.

I do change ozone filters on production and high volume machine.
    If you consider to vacuum them after they are expired you might just remove them from the machine completely it has no value any more.
    The filters have worked life, vacuum will not have much help. What product do you produce? We are ozone filter manufactory from China, we are looking for the market on copier. In the coming day, replace filter will not be so high.

Good points terramobile & allan about charge rollers don't emit much ozone if any.

Most of the high volume machines include the filters in their PM kits so no need to buy them individually.

China should focus more on the ozone layer in our atmosphere. Their industrial pollution is a big problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Most of the high volume machines include the filters in their PM kits so no need to buy them individually.
    That goes for many small MFPs, too!

I agree - there's not really a market for simple ozone filters.

Give me an idea of the cost.
    There is little available information about rating these filters.
    How do you rate them in? Grams of mass gained?
    You can only use time if the environment and conditions stayed constant.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Good points terramobile & allan about charge rollers don't emit much ozone if any.

China should focus more on the ozone layer in our atmosphere. Their industrial pollution is a big problem.
    Ozone layer is the world wide problem, not caused by Chinese development. Any way, Now China have spent lots of time and money on environment improvment.