View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bizhub C258

8 88.89%
  • Xerox 7225i

0 0%
  • Ricoh MP C3300 SP

1 11.11%
  • TriumpAdler P 2506 CI

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    0nur

Question Need advice to choose between Bizhub C258 vs Xerox 7225i

Hello everybody.

I am going to buy a copier to print my designs mostly over 75% print area with colors.

In total i get 4 different offer for;

Konica-Minolta bizhub c258,
    Xerox workstation 7225i,
    Ricoh C3300SP,
    TriumpAdler P 2506 CI,

I am between 2 different machines; Konica Minolta Bizhub C258 & Xerox WS 7225i. First let me write down a few things as MUST to have and my purposes to buy a copier.

- Paper size A3
    - Very good color quality on coated sheet.
    - Mostly A5 flyer prints with high amount of colored surfaces.
    - Est. monthly A3 prints: 5000 max. (For now at least)
    - Duplex printing with minimal mistake for overlapping.

Two different companies offers these 2 devices for almost same prices (Xerox is 5% more expensive) They also offer a fixed cost per A3 full color printing and they are again same. So i don't have to worry about how much toner or drum will be used for a specific kind of job. It will be same no matter what i print. Also during that contract period they both will change any broken part if it is not user fault.

As i search they both offer same quality of services too. I can't get any demo from non of them btw.

Only main difference as i see is Konica can print up to 300gsm weighted paper and Xerox only up to 220gsm. It was not my main intention to print on heavier paper but if it doesn't cost me more why not right (or am i wrong) ?

In my country we don't have too much options so i have to choose between These two as Recoh and TA is kind of unknown to people here.

Can i get opinions of people who own those devices please? Or what else should i consider before deciding.

Thanks in advance, please help me.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Need advice to choose between Bizhub C258 vs Xerox 7225i

Re: Need advice to choose between Bizhub C258 vs Xerox 7225i

go with bizhub

stay away from Xerox

0nur

Hello Philip, thanks for your reply. Is there any specific reason to say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    go with bizhub

stay away from Xerox

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

I'd honestly not go with any of the machines listed above for the type of output you are expecting. They are all office MFP's, not production print kit. The sort of machine you should be looking at is in the Ricoh Pro C5110 range.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0nur View Post
    Hello Philip, thanks for your reply. Is there any specific reason to say that?
    yup there sure is....

XEROX SUCKS

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

I would consider the bizhub C658 series as a minimum. Maybe could go as low as C558.

good luck.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You are looking at low end budget office machines yet wanting to do high end production work
    i would stick to Konica Minolta but you need to be looking at higher end models
    C558 or poss C658 as CompyTech qouted
    I Used To Live To Fix Things Now i Fix Things To Live

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

They are all office colour copiers so dont expect much. As for 75% coverage the toner wont last much, but if its free then it shouldn't be an issue.(hopefully original and not compatible) Never worked on xerox but BH c258 is solid, will be quite slow though.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

You will be completely at the mercy of the local service provider so you need to visit and check out the capabilities and resources of the local technical staff.

Due to the high toner coverage you are proposing both copiers will be service intensive and rapidly age requiring a high parts replacement.

As coated paper is very smooth, there is a high chance the toner will not attach properly to the paper stock. As a counter measure, the technicians will likely attempt to increase the temperature of the fuser. This increases the wear on the copier and in many countries is considering to be a X2 copy click charge.

I am very skeptical that Xerox will continue to honor a cost per copy service contract where the toner is included at 75% toner coverage. They are very likely to increase the cost per copy after the first year regardless of what you have in a written contract. Try legal action against Xerox, good luck!

With Konica Minolta, the fixed cost per page is likely valid for one year before it starts to rapidly increase.

Unless either vendor is charging you at least $0.150 cost per page for color, the service contact is non profitable and not sustainable.

Personally, I would not want your business as you are selecting two copiers not suitable for reliably producing the high toner page coverage that you are proposing at high volume. At the very least, select the shortest lease term possible. If it is a purchase, I would not expect reliable copier performance much past three years.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 05-22-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0nur View Post
    Hello everybody.

I am going to buy a copier to print my designs mostly over 75% print area with colors.

In total i get 4 different offer for;

Konica-Minolta bizhub c258,
    Xerox workstation 7225i,
    Ricoh C3300SP,
    TriumpAdler P 2506 CI,

I am between 2 different machines; Konica Minolta Bizhub C258 & Xerox WS 7225i. First let me write down a few things as MUST to have and my purposes to buy a copier.

- Paper size A3
    - Very good color quality on coated sheet.
    - Mostly A5 flyer prints with high amount of colored surfaces.
    - Est. monthly A3 prints: 5000 max. (For now at least)
    - Duplex printing with minimal mistake for overlapping.

Two different companies offers these 2 devices for almost same prices (Xerox is 5% more expensive) They also offer a fixed cost per A3 full color printing and they are again same. So i don't have to worry about how much toner or drum will be used for a specific kind of job. It will be same no matter what i print. Also during that contract period they both will change any broken part if it is not user fault.

As i search they both offer same quality of services too. I can't get any demo from non of them btw.

Only main difference as i see is Konica can print up to 300gsm weighted paper and Xerox only up to 220gsm. It was not my main intention to print on heavier paper but if it doesn't cost me more why not right (or am i wrong) ?

In my country we don't have too much options so i have to choose between These two as Recoh and TA is kind of unknown to people here.

Can i get opinions of people who own those devices please? Or what else should i consider before deciding.

Thanks in advance, please help me.
    Consider a rental machine?! pay per copy less worry of service maintenance contract and price of consumables.