I've been using two Oki C9800 for several years now. I like the resolution and flat/matte finish of the prints, but the quality of the drums degrades too quickly, particularly when printing full-bleed color images. I often have to replace a drum altogether simply due to a small imperfection appearing just a few hundred prints after installation.

I'm in need of upgrading to a press with near-photographic quality, a similarly matte finish, and capable of handling longer runs than the Oki with better parts longevity. I'm in no way a certified technician, but I enjoy maintaining my own machines so I'm looking into used machines without a service contract, and without the complexity and costs of an HP Indigo, Heidelberg or similar range machine. Some of the machines I'm looking into are: Canon ImagePress C9000VP, Konica Minolta C6500 and the MGI Meteor DP60, which is over my current budget but still doable.

It'd be very valuable for me to hear recommendations about these or other similar machines I might be unaware of. If you have a few minutes to spare, please share your thoughts on the subject, or point me to a good source of information. I'd really appreciate your contribution.

Thank you