Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Xerox Workcenter 7556

Xerox Workcenter 7556 image quality

Looking for some feedback from anyone who has seen the print quality of these "factory new" WC7556 popping up recently.
    Last edited by sostek; 05-30-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox Workcenter 7556

Re: Xerox Workcenter 7556

They are no where near the quality of lets say a Xerox docu 260, but have decent color for office color needs. Even the 7345 series had better photo color quality, but I like the longevity of the drums, which usually always makes yield. Photo prints look decent, but are noticeably different when trying to convert RGB to cmyk.

We put out a lot of 7556's a couple years ago, when they were coming off leases, these machines are pretty easy to maintain and can meet the needs of most offices.

Here are a few things I've had issues with:
    Doc feeder: some have the old style which doesn't hold the user side cover down very well and causes jams
    Net controller fans: these get slow of fail completely causing overheating, sluggish interaction, and will cause scans to sit in queue saying processing for almost an hour
    Boot time: these boxes take almost 5 min to boot, which can be get frustrating when trying to diagnose problems that require rebooting the machines several times
    Waste toner: doesn't give much of a for warning, will get calls ob machines going down when customer doesn't have a backup waste bin.
    Fuser: expensive to replace, lots of fuser system errors with a perfect looking fuser roller/belts, from my research, the pressure roller swells up and has a hard time rotating(can usually get by for while by loosening pressure springs)
    Oem toner: these machines will go down hill fast if somebody tries using aftermarket toner

Here are a few pros:
    Efficient toner consumption
    Can reset supplies like transfer belt, belt cleaner, bias roller many times before they actually need to be replaced
    Drums generally make full yield + 5-10% if rechipped
    Decent print quality, comparable to other office printers
    Developer is refreshed by toner, so doesn't need to be replaced periodically, but have had foreign objects or clumpy toner cause voids in dev units
    Fairly easy to work on, , have never needed to hook up pws laptop to these, internally service mode can usually accomplish most troubleshooting needs.
    User friendly

All in all, I like these boxes, if you can get to the 78xx series, there are improvements, and we still sell some 75xx refurbished to this day, but lately have switched to kyocera due to price and a whopping 600k drum yield

What do you mean by "these machines will go down hill fast if somebody tries using aftermarket toner"?

Quote Originally Posted by mntech View Post
    They are no where near the quality of lets say a Xerox docu 260, but have decent color for office color needs. Even the 7345 series had better photo color quality, but I like the longevity of the drums, which usually always makes yield. Photo prints look decent, but are noticeably different when trying to convert RGB to cmyk.

We put out a lot of 7556's a couple years ago, when they were coming off leases, these machines are pretty easy to maintain and can meet the needs of most offices.

Here are a few things I've had issues with:
    Doc feeder: some have the old style which doesn't hold the user side cover down very well and causes jams
    Net controller fans: these get slow of fail completely causing overheating, sluggish interaction, and will cause scans to sit in queue saying processing for almost an hour
    Boot time: these boxes take almost 5 min to boot, which can be get frustrating when trying to diagnose problems that require rebooting the machines several times
    Waste toner: doesn't give much of a for warning, will get calls ob machines going down when customer doesn't have a backup waste bin.
    Fuser: expensive to replace, lots of fuser system errors with a perfect looking fuser roller/belts, from my research, the pressure roller swells up and has a hard time rotating(can usually get by for while by loosening pressure springs)
    Oem toner: these machines will go down hill fast if somebody tries using aftermarket toner

Here are a few pros:
    Efficient toner consumption
    Can reset supplies like transfer belt, belt cleaner, bias roller many times before they actually need to be replaced
    Drums generally make full yield + 5-10% if rechipped
    Decent print quality, comparable to other office printers
    Developer is refreshed by toner, so doesn't need to be replaced periodically, but have had foreign objects or clumpy toner cause voids in dev units
    Fairly easy to work on, , have never needed to hook up pws laptop to these, internally service mode can usually accomplish most troubleshooting needs.
    User friendly

All in all, I like these boxes, if you can get to the 78xx series, there are improvements, and we still sell some 75xx refurbished to this day, but lately have switched to kyocera due to price and a whopping 600k drum yield

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox Workcenter 7556

Quote Originally Posted by peter87 View Post
    What do you mean by "these machines will go down hill fast if somebody tries using aftermarket toner"?
    this thread has been dead for two years..... next time please start a new thread.

there are PLENTY of examples here of users using aftermarket toners .... they have MAJOR CQ/PQ issues and premature parts failures.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox Workcenter 7556

Old thread indeed...

These boxes along with other xerox's have major problems running generic toner... Usually starts with toner blowing all over the inside, print quality degrades, then developers needing to be replaced, not to mention premature failure of drums.

Xerox adds a certain amount of developer to each toner, so the developer keeps being refreshed, as toners are used... The generic stuff doesn't

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox Workcenter 7556

Quote Originally Posted by mntech View Post
    Old thread indeed...

These boxes along with other xerox's have major problems running generic toner... Usually starts with toner blowing all over the inside, print quality degrades, then developers needing to be replaced, not to mention premature failure of drums.

Xerox adds a certain amount of developer to each toner, so the developer keeps being refreshed, as toners are used... The generic stuff doesn't
    This thread was started over 2 years ago. That means that it is dead and buried and should have stayed that way. Go away grave digger.

I try to post a new thread and it won't let me. What about this type of refill toners. Made in Japan. Vendor said the best quality with no issues. Genuine Quality Compatible Xerox/ricoh/kyocera/konica Minolta/oki Toner Powder - Buy Toner Powder,Genuine Toner Powder,Compatible Toner Powder Product on Alibaba.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    this thread has been dead for two years..... next time please start a new thread.

there are PLENTY of examples here of users using aftermarket toners .... they have MAJOR CQ/PQ issues and premature parts failures.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox Workcenter 7556

I try to post a new thread and it won't let me. What about this type of refill toners. Made in Japan. Vendor said the best quality with no issues. Genuine Quality Compatible Xerox/ricoh/kyocera/konica Minolta/oki Toner Powder - Buy Toner Powder,Genuine Toner Powder,Compatible Toner Powder Product on Alibaba.com
    Alibaba is the last place that I would order from. If for no other reason, I do not want to give my credit card information to the Chinese government.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox Workcenter 7556

what about " this thread has been dead for two years..... next time please start a new thread." do you not understand?

compat toner will DAMAGE the machine and NOT give you the quality you seek.

did you post in the " Newbie " forum?

did you answer the email from CTN Admin?

i'm giving you a break today.. please read the forum rules https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules