Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I made a copytechnet Facebook page

Hey everyone! I made a copytechnet Facebook page. Forum moderators, please message me (Taylor DaPrevailer) and I値l make you admins. If those that run the forum do not like this, I will delete the page. My reason behind this is that tapatalk does not always work well for me and searching topics is time consuming. I feel this will be a fun tech-social page and will be less technical than the actual forum. It would also help with networking. If you are interested in joining, just look for copytechnet on Facebook I made a copytechnet Facebook page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: I made a copytechnet Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by TayTayTheTechnician View Post
    Hey everyone! I made a copytechnet Facebook page. Forum moderators, please message me (Taylor DaPrevailer) and I値l make you admins. If those that run the forum do not like this, I will delete the page. My reason behind this is that tapatalk does not always work well for me and searching topics is time consuming. I feel this will be a fun tech-social page and will be less technical than the actual forum. It would also help with networking. If you are interested in joining, just look for copytechnet on Facebook I made a copytechnet Facebook page Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW did you even THINK about getting approval from Aneurysm ?

He and ONLY he runs CopyTechNet.com

Besides some of us:
    Don't use Fakebook
    Don't Use Fakebook App on Phone

Personally you didn't:
    Ask permission from Aneurysm to use the name
    Ask US *theusers* if we would EVEN use it
    THINK about all the DUMBA$$ people going there *like we don't have enuff here*

BAD MOVE

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    WOW did you even THINK about getting approval from Aneurysm ?

He and ONLY he runs CopyTechNet.com

Besides some of us:
    Don't use Fakebook
    Don't Use Fakebook App on Phone

Personally you didn't:
    Ask permission from Aneurysm to use the name
    Ask US *theusers* if we would EVEN use it
    THINK about all the DUMBA$$ people going there *like we don't have enuff here*

BAD MOVE
    I didn稚 know who to contact. I deleted it just now. I should have known it was aneurysm I made a copytechnet Facebook pageI made a copytechnet Facebook page in which case, aneurysm, I have deleted the page. But I hope you decide to go forward with creating an FB page. Like I mentioned above, I think it would be really a great thing to be involved in

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I would NEVER EVER use Facebook.

Hans

No, that color is no coincidence.....
    " Sent from my Intel i286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Senior Tech 100+ Posts khattab.al.masry's Avatar

Hey everyone! I made a copytechnet Facebook page. Forum moderators, please message me (Taylor DaPrevailer) and I値l make you admins. If those that run the forum do not like this, I will delete the page. My reason behind this is that tapatalk does not always work well for me and searching topics is time consuming. I feel this will be a fun tech-social page and will be less technical than the actual forum. It would also help with networking. If you are interested in joining, just look for copytechnet on Facebook I made a copytechnet Facebook page

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I commend you for trying and perhaps you could team up with aneurysm to start a FB page.

Thought I was only one not using facebook although my daughter said I should because that is what "old people use". Also the website host company I use keeps telling me I should have a "business" FB page as well as other social media platforms to increase business?

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar

Hey everyone! I made a copytechnet Facebook page. Forum moderators, please message me (Taylor DaPrevailer) and I値l make you admins. If those that run the forum do not like this, I will delete the page. My reason behind this is that tapatalk does not always work well for me and searching topics is time consuming. I feel this will be a fun tech-social page and will be less technical than the actual forum. It would also help with networking. If you are interested in joining, just look for copytechnet on Facebook

Reply sent via Private Message.
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I commend you for trying and perhaps you could team up with aneurysm to start a FB page.
    Thought I was only one not using facebook although my daughter said I should because that is what "old people use". Also the website host company I use keeps telling me I should have a "business" FB page as well
    as other social media platforms to increase business?
    Fakebook BIZ pages face bigger/diff rules... IF you piss someone off they can complain and the page can be shut down any funds paid ( Boost etc ) will be lost. Like ANY complaint... it doesn't have to be VALID but you still will be blocked.

Fakebook BIZ pages face bigger/diff rules... IF you piss someone off they can complain and the page can be shut down any funds paid ( Boost etc ) will be lost. Like ANY complaint... it doesn't have to be VALID but you still will be blocked.
    another point to thing about.....
    A Page on fakebook DOESN'T allow for long discussion on a topic as a GROUP does.
    Much like here .. Fakebook pushes to the top of the group the most recent discussion. Fakebook DOEN'T have a list of TOPICS for the threads.. soo a thread from a week ago will be buried with no listing to be able to find it.. you would spend HOURS looking for a thread...
    IMHO Fakebook would NEVER be an ideal platform for our type discussion ..
    besides you would have people PISSED and reporting the group ( we know that ANYONE can report you on FAKEBOOK for something that isn't EVEN offensive ) just because someone would REFUSE to GIVE them free software or manuals ( copyright vio!)

nope let all the old women post pic of the GKids and the kitties...
    leave CTN to the *ugh* Techs

another point to thing about.....
    A Page on fakebook DOESN'T allow for long discussion on a topic as a GROUP does.
    Much like here .. Fakebook pushes to the top of the group the most recent discussion. Fakebook DOEN'T have a list of TOPICS for the threads.. soo a thread from a week ago will be buried with no listing to be able to find it.. you would spend HOURS looking for a thread...
    IMHO Fakebook would NEVER be an ideal platform for our type discussion ..
    besides you would have people PISSED and reporting the group ( we know that ANYONE can report you on FAKEBOOK for something that isn't EVEN offensive ) just because someone would REFUSE to GIVE them free software or manuals ( copyright vio!)

nope let all the old women post pic of the GKids and the kitties...
    leave CTN to the *ugh* Techs
    I have created/owned/managed/moderated about 50 Fakebook groups ( only 5 pages ) the finer points of setting one up cannot be known with just one or two groups... the headaches are ENDLESS.
    I