Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

which used color copier to buy?

Hello all,

i would like to buy used copier on ebay. Can you help me to advice on that?

I am considering these machines: Canon 3200/3220 , minolta c350/352.
    What is the print quality copmaration?

My preferences are print quality and reliability. I expect to run at least 300-500K copies until death.
    What can i expect if I buy them on ebay? How can I check that copier if it isnt full of problems ?

I appreciate your help . thank you and excuse my wrapped english

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    I can not compare the two, as I work on Konica Minolta and not Cannon. Buying a used color machine is a big risk. There are a lot of things that can go wrong. How old are they? How much life is left on the expensive supplies? What tech will care for it after you buy it? Do yourself a favor and buy the used machine from a dealer who will back it up!

gwalters

Don't buy a used color system - asking for trouble.

Or at least buy a unit from a dealer you will need the support.

Your volumes are low, at 500/month?

Do you need to "copy" or are you going to primarily print color output? If you're simply printing color, consider a single purpose color output device.

Will you be generating revenue based on the output?

Will you need 11x17 output size? If you are copying, will you need to copy 11x17 as well?

Just some questions you should be able to answer. The answers will pretty much tell you what machine to get and from where...

If you want more detail, come on over to my site, Death of The Copier and drop me a post, or email.

Good luck.

G

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    which used color copier to buy?

I agree with all the questions asked in the previous post and you should ask yourself those questions before your purchase.

First, ebay... yeah, I really would advise not purchasing from ebay. I'm an independent dealer of various brand of machines and if I see a machine cheap enough, I'll buy it understanding that it's only good enough for a parts machine and that's it.

second, Konica-Minolta 351/352 with a low meter from a reputable local dealer would be a better choice...

good luck
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    CompTia Server+ Certified
    CompTia Project+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

CGnTulsa
    I too would recommend the KM for quality images, even though they are some of the more complicated machines to work on. Which enforces the suggestion for getting it through a dealer. Low meter counts are essential. Finding a service history as well as a PM history is helpful in deciding if a machine is going to problematic or not, however, don't expect to actually get ahold of these as most dealers of used machines don't furnish these. If you can get them, then you are in better shape.