Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    mpc5000 with df3010 skewing problems

Hey all,
    A customer has an mpc5000 with df3010 installed. The ADF looks physically alligned correctly but still the images skew. The only mechanical adjustments i can see are those of the hinge bases. Tech support tells me there is no SP adjustment for skewing and i cant seem to find one either. Turning on skew correction makes the problem worse. The machine works fine from the glass or from memory prints like page counters. Any help and ideas will be much apprieciated.
    Cheers
    Russ Jones
    Last edited by jonezy999; 04-08-2010 at 08:15 AM.

Technician
    Have you had the ADF apart? All the paper feed clean, no bits of paper or staples in paper path? You say the ADF looks aligned correctly have you tried adjusting it, I've always found skewing to be caused by it being slightly out of alignment even if it looks ok, either that or the customer isn't using the the feed guides properly. Only other thing I can think of is maybe the slit glass isn't sitting right, had that once.

just one copy?? 500+ Posts

OK. Just finished with this ADF. I stripped the whole thing down and checked all paper paths, couldnt see any obstructions. Cleaned all rollers and guides, just to be sure. The mylars on the exit of the ADF (pre-scan glass) were ever so slightly bent, so i just straightened them by hand. After getting this pig of a doc feeder back together the skewing issue had been resolved. Still not too sure if it was the mylars, or some paper i overlooked in the paper path. Im going to say the mylars!!
    Well I just thought I'd add that in case it helps someone else out in future.