Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Docucolor 240 and 260 lightly faded streak

I have both a docucolor 240 and 260. I will keep the docucolor 260 loaded with really new consumable, ie new drums, IBT belt. The 260 now has signs of a light strip of low density void,(very faint) that can only be seen when I print a solid page of a light color such as pastel green of yellow. This shows up both when copying from the glass or printing from the computer. I made up solid 11x17 images on the computer with all 4 colors. Each page would have a 40% screen of black, magenta,yellow, or cyan. The void stripe only shows up on the yellow or cyan. The black is fine and the magenta is fine. If I print out 100% of any of the colors there is enough density to cover up the problem ( I'm guessing) because the voided stripe doesn't show up. I have replaced all color and black drums, and a brand new IBT belt. Here's the fun part. When I took the drums out of the 260 to replace with new ones I put the used drums into the 240 because they were newer than the drums I had in the 240. Now the 240 has the same void stripes in the same location as the 260. These are void stripes in the direction of the process about 4 inches all along the long edge of an 11 x 17 sheet of paper. I took the magenta developer station out of the 240 and put it in the 260 yellow location, depleted the magenta toner out with about 400 flood coated 11 x 17 sheets. The stripe is still there. The stripe is about 1/2 inches wide and is very very faint but definitely noticeable. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

The Copy Corner

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    clean ROS