Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts kyocera.team's Avatar
    WD-40 or water that's all

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    I mainly use good old Metholated Spirits (alcohol) to clean feed tyres and charge rollers... For those that know, metho has a double advantage if there is some orange juice in the fridge (Joking)...

WD-40 is a Hydrocarbon base solvent. The light oil used in the WD-40 will make the rubber swell up. It doesn't really matter about Feed tyres swelling up but it will matter if people use it on rubber seals and the alike.

The expansion of rubber seals is a technique we used in hydrolics to get more life out of worn out hydrolic ram seals.

I will give the WD-40 a try on some feed tyres to see how it goes. Thanks for the tip if it works...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Technician
    WD40 works well for a short period (until you step out the customer), well i'd tried this many years back after sometime the rubber tire gets perish and it will spoil the retard pad too. I suggest clean water and wash with soap if can. If not make some cuts across the tire with a use of a Fine Cutter (sharpened knife) it will work for a longer period this method works good in toshiba models & xerox.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    I have found Simple Green and a green schotch brite pad to do wonders on transport rollers, and on feed rollers too, but if the feed rollers are in question, I change them, learned early on, feed rollers are cheap, compared to a call back, cause there is always time to change them on the call back.

timkhj
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent64 View Post
    I have found Simple Green and a green schotch brite pad to do wonders on transport rollers, and on feed rollers too, but if the feed rollers are in question, I change them, learned early on, feed rollers are cheap, compared to a call back, cause there is always time to change them on the call back.
    Alcohol or "Rubber Rejuvenator" (leftover from old duplicator days) for the transport rollers and such, and almost always just replace feed tires unless just dirty with full tread. Not worth the callback.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    WD40 only WD40
    if WD40 doesn't get you good feed replace them
    I clean them once and note it on the machine
    next call for jamming they get replaced

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Speaking of WD-40, I've always used it to clean the factory grease from spring clutches after it breaks down and starts getting sticky.

One good cleaning, then coat with the light grease of your choice.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician
    Cleaning Feed Tires

Been using a solution of 50% simple green 50% water. Then hit them with a little alcohol. Works good.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Cleaning Feed Tires

Alcohol dries out rubber.

yap ur right alcohol dries rubber its much better to clean them with soap and water