Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: What The Hell???

Don't you just hate it when some jerkalope wanders in out of nowhere and think he owns the site?
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    What The Hell???

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    ... Ordinarily I just ignore threads with this tone, but since your brand new here, here's our chance to present yourself in a better light. Would you like to introduce yourself? =^..^=
    I guess not.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CopierManager View Post
    LOL, so I guess I don't have the right to show frustration if a genuine post I made gets deleted? So I'm just supposed to be submissive and allow you the moderators to just delete a post that had NO violations? Right?
    Sounds right to me. You are what most of us here refer to as a douchebag. You want what you want when you want it and have no problem throwing a tantrum when you don't get it. Just keep on believing that we're the assholes...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

LOUD NOISES !!!!

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

My American friends, you make me smile lol

CopierManager

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I guess not.
    The purpose of creating a tech forum is so that everyone can peacefully enjoy using it. Not so the moment someone signs on their bombarded with "a"holes throwing their opinions around. if that hurts their little feelings, they can grow some thicker skin. But if I post a legitimate request solely for the purpose of attempting to be specific about my post so as to keep members from giving me information I already have, deleting it is just total BS. And I don't believe that moderators "LORD" over me. They deleted it just because it mentions other sites?? WOW, talk about over-sensitive moderators.... What are they afraid of? Losing all their techs to the new site? I heard a couple tire biters in this thread talk about how this is the number one forum online. if it is, what are they afraid of when someone mentions another site?? If I SPAMMED it on here, then yes, I would expect them to delete it. But it was made in a reference ONLY. Like I said, they are just incredibly over-sensitive! Period! As I now see, so are some of their members.

I say.. GROW UP!!

And it doesn't matter if I just joined the other day, mutual respect for a fellow technician should be a STANDARD thing given period. By the way, I'm a veteran tech with over 20+ years in this industry. And I didn't rise t my current position by not understanding the rules of give and take. But I also didn't get here by being a mouse either.... And thanks for the story about getting crap all day and not wanting to come here and take it too, that might help "YOU" understand why I posted a second comment titled what the hell. Mutual respect is just that... Mutual respect. Which means I didn't take the first swing, And I simply posted back a statement that would be appropriate by ANYONE who believes their post was nothing more than a GENUINE post.

You want more techs to come here, I'm SURE this type of beginning introduction will CERTAINLY draw them in!! They "OWE" you guys something because their NEW techs... RIGHT!!??

GROW UP!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ikon Princess's Avatar

[/QUOTE]Honestly, I've been too busy and too lazy to join these onsite forums, but now I need the resources and genuinely see the value.

Thanks for any posts.[/QUOTE]

hmm, too busy, too lazy, in charge of a team. Yeah I really don't feel very generous. But at least you named your flaws. I too have over 20 years in the field and I would have to say that I am glad that I am not on your team. Best of luck to you, you may just want to direct your techs here that way you don't have to come here any more. May be you are so busy giving them what they should find for themselves. Just sayin'

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    What The Hell???

Cool Re: What The Hell???

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    What a blast from the past !!!! Completly forgot about those....... got 1 on the shelf, Intravia's guide to laser printer first addition 1997. It's for sale !!! Paul are you interested ???

They're so good you have them on the shelf and you forgot about them ay? Well that explains their worth to a T. No thanx, Jim (Intravia) is one of my customers.

Paul

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    What The Hell???

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    They're so good you have them on the shelf and you forgot about them ay? Well that explains their worth to a T. No thanx, Jim (Intravia) is one of my customers.

Paul
    I just thought U might be interested mainly for the trivia factor. BTW I've been 1 of your customers too!!
    I've forgot more things from the 80's & 90's than I'll admit to the bettor 1/2 anyway.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations