Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

MPC2551 displays please wait for 6 mins then sc899

Weird one this. On power up machine gives error beeps and stays showing please wait on screen for about 6 mins. The display then shows sc899. No print job is stuck. The machine was originally run up and put in the showroom with no problems. The next day the fault appeared after switch on. I disconnected the HDD and then got no beeps, however the message please wait remains and another 6 mins pass and I now get sc670. Book says 670 is an engine board communication issue, but I think it is a red herring, possibly due to the HDD not being connected as these machines use HDD security. Anyway to cut a long story short, replaced security sd card, HDD, controller board, controller nvram, bcu board and bcu eeprom. Machine will not recognise a firmware sd card as I was thinking it could be a firmware issue. The only thing I have noticed is the non illumination of the 3.3v rail led on the IPU board. Not sure if this is relevant. Any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by rich2764; 05-30-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MPC2551 displays please wait for 6 mins then sc899

Thumbs up Re: MPC2551 displays please wait for 6 mins then sc899

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MPC2551 displays please wait for 6 mins then sc899

Had the same on a mpc2500. 10 min with "please wait" but it doesn't throw 899 but throw 670 when inserting SD firmware card. Long story short i've clean copier application and engine clear. Than recalibrate and it was ready to go.

But also keep inmind that bad print job can cause SC899 code.
    Last edited by skynetto; 05-30-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by skynetto View Post
    Had the same on a mpc2500. 10 min with "please wait" but it doesn't throw 899 but throw 670 when inserting SD firmware card. Long story short i've clean copier application and engine clear. Than recalibrate and it was ready to go.

The machine does not respond to the control panel so you cannot enter sp mode to do that. The machine was not connected to a network so no stuck print job. I can get sc670 after 6 mins if I unplug the HDD. New HDD and swapped op panel but still the same.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by rich2764 View Post
    The machine does not respond to the control panel so you cannot enter sp mode to do that. The machine was not connected to a network so no stuck print job. I can get sc670 after 6 mins if I unplug the HDD. New HDD and swapped op panel but still the same.
    I should have gone with the obvious from the start. 3.3v led on IPU was not lit. The PSU was generating 24v and 5v in all the right places therefore blameless. The IPU board itself was faulty!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by skynetto View Post

The IPU board was the fault. No 3.3v showing on led.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Good to know Thanks