Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC 5502 reliable?

Ricoh MPC 5502 reliable?

Hi everyone.

I have a few MPC 7500 that I want to replace but want something more reliable and not needing a vac out every 20k or so. I have been looking at the mpc 5502 models and wanted to know how reliable they are and how often do you change the drum units etc. I will ask on average about 10-15k a month out of the machine just from the trays on normal paper.

Any advice would be grateful

Tim.

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC 5502 reliable?

Re: Ricoh MPC 5502 reliable?

So far so good for me. They seem to run nice and clean and have been going PM to PM no worries. If you are going to compare against MPC7500 then there is no comparison, ie you can do a full PM on a 5502 in half the time it takes to rebuild a 7500 fuser, they don't chatter/gitter whatever you wanna call it, they still use a charge roller but the issue of charge roller lines seems to have been resolved. Other than the one controller board I've had to replace they have been pretty good.

Having said that, I've just installed my first MPC5503 and it's a completely different looking machine. Time will tell on these, I wish they stuck with the 5502 honestly, the new one looks and feels cheap.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The only issues we have run into with the 5502's is the fusers, but Ricoh have updated the parts within and the new ones seem much better. I would service a 5502 over a 7500 any day of the week.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC 5502 reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by SargeNZ View Post
    The only issues we have run into with the 5502's is the fusers, but Ricoh have updated the parts within and the new ones seem much better. I would service a 5502 over a 7500 any day of the week.
    Hi

when was the update done as in month, year. What are the PM's on these machines also. Appreciate your advice guys.

Tim.