Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Humble_me84

kyocera mita taskalfa 1800

Anyone here how to reset toner cartridge error "non-genuine toner"? I have purchase this brand new copier and my friend recommended me to refill my cartridge if "replace toner" message flashes but after refilling the "non-genuine toner" flashes. My friend uses the same toner but it works for him. Please help. Thanks!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    kyocera mita taskalfa 1800

Re: kyocera mita taskalfa 1800

You got bad advice. These cartridges are chipped. Which means that it remembers that it's empty, forever, or until it sees a new chip.

And what exactly did you refill it with? If it's not OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) toner, you are going to have a wide variety of problems that I won't even go into right now.

The thing to do, is to throw away that cartridge. Then go to the store and but a new Kyocera toner cartridge, then install it. If you succeed in making any copies with that other crap in the cartridge, you'll have much bigger problems. =^..^=

You didn't have to post it twice. I saw it the first time.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Humble_me84
    Thank you for your response. I thought It will save me money by buying refill toner. I never thought it was chipped. The model of my friend's copier is taskalfa 180 which has no toner chip. Clever kyocera they want us to buy new expensive cartridge. Anyway i have no choice but to find cheap new cartridge for my copier. If you know some pls let me know. Thanks!

rajan

Thumbs up Re: kyocera mita taskalfa 1800

Quote Originally Posted by Humble_me84 View Post
    Thank you for your response. I thought It will save me money by buying refill toner. I never thought it was chipped. The model of my friend's copier is taskalfa 180 which has no toner chip. Clever kyocera they want us to buy new expensive cartridge. Anyway i have no choice but to find cheap new cartridge for my copier. If you know some pls let me know. Thanks!
    hi this is rajan and i can help you. first of all taskalfa 1800 is a copier with toner chip, so it shows its life through pc you can refill the cart. before its life's end. or there is an another process press and hold the stop & ok key for 4-5 sec.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rajan View Post
    hi this is rajan and i can help you. first of all taskalfa 1800 is a copier with toner chip, so it shows its life through pc you can refill the cart. before its life's end. or there is an another process press and hold the stop & ok key for 4-5 sec.
    thank you Rajan for great information by pressing and holding stop&ok 4-5 sec. additional, the toner is also same as KM1620 you can refill it with km1620 toner powder

rnrfisherman

I concur with Black Cat... not worth risking the other components in the machine putting unknown toner into Kyocera containers... I have seen too many bad generic toner issues that ended up costing the customer more money from service calls and component replacement...do so at your own risk....

Quote Originally Posted by Humble_me84 View Post

Hi, copier kyocera taskalfa 180 need toner chip, please note.
    it is count chip , also means its life, if your toner cartridge is
    TK-435, TK-436, TK-437, TK-438, TK-439
    and this chip life is printing 15 000page. it means: your copier only printing 15 000 pages.
    then the toner chip not-working, then you need to replace a new toner chip for copier.

toner chip manfacture

press reset and ok together for 5-10seconds error will be finished.

smartyjam

pls help i have the same problem my kyocera taskalfa warning add toner but i can't afford the orig cartridge price. thank you

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by smartyjam View Post
    pls help i have the same problem my kyocera taskalfa warning add toner but i can't afford the orig cartridge price. thank you
    These threads about generic toner started circa 1968. Everybody learns the hard way. Same as "we don't have money to upgrade, but we have plenty money for repairs."