ronjg

IR 3045 has a paper jam but no jam

paper goes through the machine with a problem. After the paper comes out the LCD says "paper jam". I clear the machine and the machine prints a blank sheet as if it is checking the paper path.
    The very next thing is another paper jam. I believe a paper sensor is hanging up. Would you which paper sensor is the most likely problem?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: IR 3045 has a paper jam but no jam

Quote Originally Posted by ronjg View Post
    paper goes through the machine with a problem. After the paper comes out the LCD says "paper jam". I clear the machine and the machine prints a blank sheet as if it is checking the paper path.
    The very next thing is another paper jam. I believe a paper sensor is hanging up. Would you which paper sensor is the most likely problem?
    couple of questions...Did you mean LCT? Does this copier/printer have multiple trays and does it jam from every tray or just the LCT? Also, does the paper actually leave the tray and jams somewhere in the copier and if so where is it jamming at?

ronjg

The copier does have multiple trays. I did not try each tray because the paper it not getting stuck inside the printer. I should have done this. I did not try the manual tray either. That was stupid of me. Assuming the paper sensors are okay at the paper tray. Where else do suggest I look?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ronjg View Post
    The copier does have multiple trays. I did not try each tray because the paper it not getting stuck inside the printer. I should have done this. I did not try the manual tray either. That was stupid of me. Assuming the paper sensors are okay at the paper tray. Where else do suggest I look?
    I am not familiar with this machine but I had a konica bizhub 350 that would jam on exit. On the konica b&w units there is a set of exit roller above the fuser. This unit has a sensor flag that is tripped as the paper exits the machine. on my machine the flag had fallen out...replaced it and everything was fine. It sounds like your machine is jamming in the same fashion. The one I worked on would actually spit the paper out and then say it had a jam. I would start there...if you can give me a little more info, I might be able to help more.

Technician
    IR 3045 has a paper jam but no jam

Quote Originally Posted by richmods View Post
    I am not familiar with this machine but I had a konica bizhub 350 that would jam on exit. On the konica b&w units there is a set of exit roller above the fuser. This unit has a sensor flag that is tripped as the paper exits the machine. on my machine the flag had fallen out...replaced it and everything was fine. It sounds like your machine is jamming in the same fashion. The one I worked on would actually spit the paper out and then say it had a jam. I would start there...if you can give me a little more info, I might be able to help more.
    Press * (2 and 8 together) *, Display, Jam, Press the top one and it should show you a picture with the sensor that is in a jammed state.

Then RTM.