Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ptrmna900

Copier hell - Issues

Ladies and Gentlemen,

First off I appreciate this forum and the contributions made by people who work with these machines everyday.

Here is my problem.

My job is to handle IT and development issues for a non-profit group in Arizona. The biggest "pain" we have is our copying solution. We recently purchased a Kyocera FS-8650-DN to handle our 4,000 or so prints per month, but this machine cannot print and z-fold (finish) properly and consistently. We are constantly having to reload the MP tray, because the main tray cannot handle the paper we are using. (80lb bond-gloss).

What am I trying to find is permanent solution. A color copier/printer than can run 10,000 copies per month, finish (z-fold) and allow us to fill the main trays. I am willing to downgrade the quality of our paper, so if anyone has experience with a machine that might suit us, I would be extremely grateful for any feedback.

Best Regards,

Pete

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Copier hell - Issues

Re: Copier hell - Issues

Quote Originally Posted by ptrmna900 View Post
    The biggest "pain" we have is our copying solution. We recently purchased a Kyocera FS-8650-DN to handle our 4,000 or so prints per month, but this machine cannot print and z-fold (finish) properly and consistently. We are constantly having to reload the MP tray, because the main tray cannot handle the paper we are using. (80lb bond-gloss).
    Are you sure it's 80lb bond?

The problem isn't with the machine, it's with the paper, it's WAY out of spec. 80lb Bond is about three time heavier then maximum spec for your booklet folder (BF-730). The max paper weight for tri-fold is 60-120 g/m2 which is around 30lb bond, add in the gloss aspect of the paper and your really out of spec. Are you sure it's 80lb BOND, that isn't a normal weight to run into and bond/index/tag/cover at any weight are significantly different.

As far as what machine can fold that stuff, not sure but your probably not going to see a machine that can finish/fold that heavy of a stock until you get into a production machine in the $50k+ range. You could possibly look at some offline folders, or since it's non profit maybe there are old ladies with time to kill (that's what churches use for booklet folders).

Good Luck!

BF-730 Specifications

Foldable number of sheets
    Tri-folding
    60 to 90 g/m2 : 5 sheets LTR(R)
    91 to120 g/m2 : 3 sheets LTR(R)

Maximum number for storage
    Tri-folding
    1 or less copies in a set: 30 sets LTR(R)
    2 to 5 copies in a set: 5 sets LTR(R)

Paper weight
    Tri-folding
    60 to 120 g/m2

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Copier hell - Issues

Re: Copier hell - Issues

Here's the sales brochure if you'd like to read for yourself:

http://usa.kyoceradocumentsolutions....specs_3_14.pdf
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=