Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon IR C3220

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Canon IR C3220

Canon IR C3220

I was at a new customers office working on a different machine and they asked me about aCanon IR C3220 that they have that has no power at all. I have never worked on this machine and have no history with it and all I did the day I was there was a cursory check to verify that it was completely dead with no lights and NO sounds at all. I verified that the all the interlocks were closed and that the outlet was good also. According to the customer the machine was working perfectly and they decided to install a network kit and after installing the network card into the machine it would not turn on anymore. This customer repairs computers and installs networks and verified that they had turned the machine off, unplugged it and he had even worn an anti static bracelet when he installed the card. The customer had to get approval for the service call on the copier so I am trying to get a better idea of what it might be before they call back to get it fixed.
    thanks in advance!! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Canon IR C3220

The last Canon I was officially trained on was analog, so I don't know how much this will help.
    Still, have they tried pulling the network card out of the machine and seen what happens then?
    Also, does that machine have a a power cord that plugs into the back of the machine rather than being hardwired? They might have loosened the power cord's connection to the back of the machine while moving the machine around while they were installing the network card. Kind of a long shot, but easy to check.
    Finally, you might try posting your request here:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/canon/
    There are a lot of really smart people there.

Technician
    Canon IR C3220

Re: Canon IR C3220

This machine has a power board in the bottom left corner. This board just goes on the ir32xx series. No reason. Working then just not working. Remove the back panels and you'll see it. It's easy to access and replace.

If you can get you hands on another parts machine you can pull it and pop it in. I don't recall the part number. However there is a number of discussions in this forum where no power was addressed and a maybe a picture.

Changing or adding a network card is not going to cause this unless card is not correct for model.